Burfee is a popular dessert at all Indian celebrations, from Diwali, weddings, family reunions, among other gatherings. You can also call it borfee or barfi. It is best to follow the right burfee recipe for incredible results.
Since this sweet Indian dish should be available at key celebrations, it is best to understand how it is prepared. Read on to find out the different methods of preparing the sweet cake.
There are a number of burfee cake recipes that will yield the best results. The outcome you get depends on the method you choose. You can have a smooth burfee recipe with ghee, condensed milk, Klim milk powder, fresh cream, among other ingredients. You can find such recipes from burfee recipe Asha Maharaj. She is the best Indian chef and will give you the right procedures for most Indian dishes.
Burfee recipe with Klim and condensed milk
Burfee recipe with condensed milk and Klim milk powder yields the best results. Klim is a trusted brand from Nestle. It is widely used because it is more nutritious than regular milk with 23 added minerals and vitamins. The following are the easy steps on how to make burfee. This recipe has all the ingredients that can make your barfi smooth and nutritious.
What you need
The following is a list of ingredients required for making the best burfee.
- Klim milk powder (5 cups)
- Nestle cream (1 cup)
- Melted ghee (½ cup)
- Sugar (1 cup)
- Water (½ cup)
- Ground almonds (½ cup)
- Thick ghee (½ cup)
- Desiccated coconut (2 cups)
- Cardamom powder (½ teaspoon)
- Condensed milk (397g)
- Colored silver almonds (for decoration)
Follow these simple steps to make the best barfi.
1. Put ½ cup nestle cream, melted ghee, and Klim milk powder in a bowl. Ensure the contents are appropriately combined by rubbing them and then set the mixture aside.
2. In a saucepan, mix the water and sugar until they dissolve and then boil the solution for 10 minutes.
3. In the solution, add thick ghee, desiccated coconut, ½ cup nestle cream, the Klim mixture, cardamom, and ground almonds.
4. Over low heat, cook the mixture while stirring until it appears dryish.
5. Over low heat, pour the condensed milk in the mixture and continue to stir until the mixture is thick. This step should take about 30 minutes.
6. Place the thickened mixture in a deep tray and then decorate with the almonds.
7. Let the mixture cool for about six hours. Cut into triangles, squares, or roll into small balls.
8. Serve as you wish.
READ ALSO: We have found the best vegan cheese recipe!
Burfee recipe with fresh cream
Fresh cream makes your burfee delicious and nutritious at the same time.
What you need
You should have the following ingredients to make the perfect barfi cake for your family and friends. You will make a barfi that can serve approximately 15 people.
- Klim milk powder (500g)
- Nestle cream (8 ounces)
- Fresh milk (1 cup)
- Butter (125g)
- Icing sugar (375 g)
- Fresh cream (2 cups)
- Cardamom powder (1 teaspoon)
- Sugar (1 cup)
- Ground almonds (1 cup)
Follow these steps for the best outcome.
1. In a food processor, blend nestle cream and Klim milk powder until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
2. Sieve the cardamom and icing sugar and then add the nestle cream mixture.
3. Mix the fresh milk and sugar to form a thick syrup.
4. In the milk syrup, add fresh cream, and then boil gently until it becomes thick. Then, add the butter and ground almonds. Ensure that the ingredients are mixed well.
5. Add the nestle cream mixture in the milk syrup and then set it aside for the night.
6. Decorate with slivered almonds and then cut into desired shapes to serve.
READ ALSO: Best South African spaghetti bolognese
The burfee recipe you choose depends on the ingredients you have and your preferences. Barfi is also a nutritious dessert because it is full of dairy products that are rich in proteins, minerals, and vitamins.
- How to bake scones in South Africa
- Easy, mouthwatering no-bake cheesecake recipe South Africa
- How to make chicken mayo
- Different types of authentic South African cuisine