Central Technical College (CTC) is an accredited private tertiary education institution in South Africa. The school specializes in equipping learners with foundational skills in engineering, humanities, and management. CTC mainly offers certificates and national diplomas.
CTC college is the champion of academic change as it offers a path to tertiary education to students with different grades. This is made possible via its various courses that make students eligible to further their education and realize their career targets. Here is what you need to know about Central Technical College prospectus, courses, application, fees, student portal, and much more.
Central Technical College courses
CTC programmes are strongly accredited by overseeing authorities. They are crafted in such a way that they will make learners acquire technical thinking skills and leadership attributes.
Studying at the institution, therefore, empowers you with the qualifications necessary for igniting a successful career. Here is a full list of the courses offered at the institution:
School of Business
- National N Diploma in Business Management
- National N Diploma in Financial Management
- National N Diploma in Human Resource Management
- National N Diploma in Management Assistant
- National N Diploma in Marketing Management
- National N Diploma in Public Management
- National N Diploma in Public Relations
- Certificate in Office Administration (ICB)
- National Certificate in Public Sector Accounting (ICB)
- National Certificate in Bookkeeping (ICB)
- Short Programme in Business Administration
- Short Programme in Fundamentals in Project Management
- Short Programme in Fundamentals of Human Resources
- Short Programme in Office Administration
- Short Programme in Procurement and Supply Chain
- Short Programme in Professional Receptionist and Personal Assistant
- Short Programme in Sales and Marketing
- Short Programme in Storekeeping and Stock Control
School of Vocational Studies
- National N Diploma in Tourism
- Short Programme in Erect, Use and Dismantle Access Equipment for Construction Work
- Short Programme in Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (Verify compliance to Safety, Health and Environmental Requirements in the workplace)
- Short Programme in HAZCHEM (Handle, Transport, Store and Utilize Hazardous Materials on a Civil Construction Site)
- Short Programme in Identify, Use and Maintain Hand Power Tools for Building Civil Construction Activities
- Short Programme in Maintaining Occupational Health, Safety and General Housekeeping
- Short Programme in Perform Basic Fire Fighting
- Short Programme in Render Basic First Aid
- Short Programme in Work in Confined Spaces on Construction Sites
- Short Programme in Working at Heights
School of Education
- National N Diploma in Educare
School of Education
- National N Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- National N Diploma in Civil Engineering
- National N Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Heavy)
- National N Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Light)
- National N Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- National Certificate in Engineering Studies (Electrical)
- National Certificate in Engineering Studies (Chemical)
- National Certificate in Engineering Studies (Civil)
- National Certificate in Engineering Studies (Mechanical)
- Short Programme in Autodesk Certified
School of Information Technology
- Short Programme in Fundamentals of Microsoft Office (FOMO)
Central Technical College application requirements
Before applying for any course, you must be qualified to take it. For a National N Diploma, you will need:
- N2 National Certificate or Grade 11 or Senior Certificate or NSC
- For engineering programs, you must have done mathematics and physical science.
For short courses you need:
- NQF level 1
- Numeracy competence
- Knowledge, comprehension, and application of English at grade 10
For the national certificate:
- You need a grade 9 for engineering
- Mathematics and physical science if you are taking an engineering course
- Grade 12 for commerce courses or NQF Level 4 or its equivalent
When applying for any course, you should be at least be 16 years old. On top of the above, you will also need:
- R550 registration fee
- A computer or a smartphone
- An active internet connection
- A browser
- Basic computer/phone skills
Central Technical College online application
Use the following procedure to apply for any course listed above:
- Connect to the internet. You can use your mobile data, hotspot, LAN connections, or even Bluetooth tethering. Make sure the connection has fast and reliable internet.
- Open your browser. Launch the start menu, search for the browser in question, tap on its icon so that it can open.
- Go to the CTC website. Use the Central Technical College official address to do so.
- Select Courses. This option is available on the website’s main menu.
- Choose the course you want to undertake. All the courses are listed on this page. If you do not see your prospective course, then navigate to the next page using the pagination buttons above the footer.
- Add it to the cart: Tap on the “ENROL NOW” button just below the course title.
- Select the person applying. If you are the one who wants to study the course, then select “Student.” If you are applying on behalf of your son/daughter, select “Parent” or “Guardian.” If none of the above, then choose “Other.”
- Enter your name. Provide your first name and surname as they appear on your ID.
- Key in your student ID number.
- Provide your phone and email address. It should be valid as the college will use it to reach out to you regarding the status of your application.
- Specify your physical address. Enter your street address, apartment or suite name, nearest campus, and postal code.
- Enquiries. In this field, you can ask any questions you might have regarding the course or college.
- Complete the form. Tap on the “Place Order” button to proceed to the next step.
- Make payments. Visit any ABSA Bank branch and deposit registration fee using the following details:
- Account name: CENTRAL TECHNICAL COLLEGE (PTY) LTD
- Account number: 40-9647-9150
- Sort code: 632005
- BIC: ABSA ZA JJ
Take note of your order number on the website. You will use it as the payment reference number during your enrolment at the campus.
Central Technical College fees
Once you have been successfully enrolled, you will need to pay school fees. CTC school fees are prices as follows for your first year:
- Short courses cost about R950 to R1,900
- Certificate courses cost about R18,340. This figure will be a bit lower or higher for some special programs.
- National N Diploma students pay R19,080. Engineering students pay R19,720.
Those that pay in advance are given 12 months instalment period compared to the standard ten months.
For students who cannot afford to pay the fees, they can apply for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) funding. To qualify for the Central Technical College NSFAS, you should:
- Pass the means test. This determines if you are eligible for government aid.
- Combined household income should not exceed 350,000 South African rands per year.
- You should be an undergraduate student.
To apply go to NSFAS official website or visit their nearest regional office. Applications can also be made at any Financial Aid Office (FAO).
Central Technical College student portal
After joining CTC, one of the most important resources you should have access to is the student portal. Results, fee balances, and other vital pieces of information are captured here.
To log into your account, you will need your student email and the default password. The chances are that these details are captured in your admission letter. So you need to:
- Retrieve the login details.
- Head to the student portal login page via the official address
- Provide your email address and tap on the “Next” button
- Enter your password
- Confirm your phone number
Viola, you have accessed your student portal account. You can now be able to see your academic details without visiting the administration offices.
Central Technical College offers the courses listed above. You can easily apply for them via the procedure covered in this article. Just choose the program you qualify to undertake, add it to the cart, fill in your details, pay the registration fees, and you are good to go.
READ ALSO: Complete list of colleges in Pretoria
Briefly.co.za reported on January 6, 2020, about the list of colleges in Pretoria. Pretoria has some of the best colleges, offering quality education that allows one to be a productive employee in South Africa. Moreover, the colleges in Pretoria have contributed tremendously to the improvement of the economy of South Africa.