DJ Fresh: Family of accuser denies releasing any statements

DJ Fresh: Family of accuser denies releasing any statements

- The Madikizela family have denied releasing any statement about their daughter's alleged sexual assault

- Ms Madikizela claimed to have been raped by DJ Fresh and Euphonik, but the case has since been dismissed

- A statement supporting Madikizela was said to have been issued by the family but this was reportedly false

PAY ATTENTION: Join Briefly News' Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

The family of the woman who accused DJ Fresh and Euphonik of rape have denied releasing a statement.

The Madikizelas have been trending online after a statement that was said to have been written by them was shared on social media.

According to the Daily Sun, who spoke to a family representative, the statement was allegedly fake and they never released it.

The family have reportedly expressed their surprise and dismay that they were associated with the statement. Speaking to the publication, the unnamed representative reportedly said that the statement was not known to the family.

DJ Fresh: Accused musician drops new evidence against allegations

The representative also pointed out that the statement included no name and no contact number, confirming that it did not originate from the family.

The daughter, Ms Madikizela, has reportedly never spoken to the family about the issue nor asked them to write a statement about it.

The family member also denied DJ Fresh’s statement that an aunt of the accuser contacted him.

“I don’t know of any person from my family who’d have made such a call, or would have access to DJ Fresh’s contacts. DJ Fresh is very far from the rest of us.”
DJ Fresh: Family of accuser denies releasing any statements

The Madikizela family have not released a statement about DJ Fresh. Image: @djfreshsa
Source: Instagram

Briefly.co.za had previously reported that Mzansi DJ's Fresh and Euphonik have had their rape case set aside. DJ Euphonik released a statement on February 15. According to Euphonik, the sexual assault claim was investigated by the authorities and it was found that the allegations are without merit.

"As we've said before, these are false allegations and we are deeply saddened that GBV, a serious crisis in South Africa, was weaponised in this manner," said Euphonik.
Ntsiki Mazwai responds to Fresh and Euphonik’s case being dismissed

The Mzansi record producer thanked his family, friends supporters and their legal team.

South Africans were outraged when the allegations against Fresh and Euphonik were made. The timeline went into a frenzy after the woman tweeted that she had been allegedly sexually abused by the two.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Online view pixel