ANC RET: Carl Niehaus Defends Faction, Says It Won't Divide the Party

ANC RET: Carl Niehaus Defends Faction, Says It Won't Divide the Party

- MKMVA spokesperson Carl Niehaus has once again rejected the idea of the supposed national shutdown

- Niehaus also stated that Radical Economic Transformation forces actually seek to support the ANC's policy of economic transformation

- The news follows claims that the RET had been attempting to divide the ruling party

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!

uMkhonto weSizwe Military Veterans Association spokesperson Carl Niehaus stated that claims that the Radical Economic Transformation (RET) forces were seeking to divide the African National Congress were simply not true.

Niehaus stated that the RET faction actually supports the ANC's policy of economic transformation in South Africa. This follows various reports of an alleged national shutdown in support of ANC Secretary-General Ace Magashule.

These protests were to be done in opposition to ANC National Executive Committee’s (NEC) step-aside resolution, which impacts not only Magashule but also Zuma, former eThekwini Mayor Zandile Gumede and others.

Read also

Ramaphosa gives SIU go ahead to investigate 3 state entities

ANC RET: Niehaus defends faction says won't divide party
Carl Niehaus has come to the defence of the ANC RET faction. Image: Guillem Sartorio / AFP and Jerome Delay / POOL / AFP
Source: Getty Images

This decision is viewed by many as a plan by President Cyril Ramaphosa and his supporters to eliminate the ANC of drastic corruption among its ranks

Following reports made by Mail & Guardian, Niehaus said those who are against the step-aside resolution were participating in “ongoing engagements” with the ANC’s internal structures.

According to reports by EWN, the MKMVA spokesperson is persistent in his claim that they are simply looking to support the ANC's own policy in regards to the economic transformation in the country.

Briefly News previously reported on Niehaus after he denied claims that there would be a national shutdown in support of Magashule. Niehaus shared a tweet where he stated that the claims were "malicious propaganda".

Niehaus stated that the media house that shared the news of the alleged national shutdown was sharing fake news. Many publications have covered the so-called national shutdown, which is supposedly scheduled for today, Monday, 5 April.

Read also

Corruption: Eskom deals worth billions won by alleged payments to ANC

South Africans took to Niehaus' replies section under the tweet to share their thoughts about his denial of the national shutdown.

Magashule is also desperately fighting for his rights and position. Zuma's RET faction members are rallying in support of Magashule, a staunch Zuma supporter, and are getting ready to fight for the ANC Secretary-General's political life.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Online view pixel