Bandile Masuku to Appeal Disciplinary Outcome at National Level

Bandile Masuku to Appeal Disciplinary Outcome at National Level

- Former Gauteng Health MEC Bandile Masuku stated that he would be appealing the province's disciplinary outcomes

- The former MEC says he plans to take the appeal to the ruling party at national level after being brought to book by a disciplinary committee

- Masuku and Presidential Spokesperson Khusela Diko were accused of issuing a multimillion-rand tender to Diko's late husband

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!

On Monday, Bandile Masuku former Gauteng Health MEC confirmed that he would appeal his Gauteng ANC disciplinary outcomes to the African National Congress (ANC) at national level.

The issuing of a multimillion-rand tender to the late Madzikane Diko resulted in Masuku and Presidential Spokesperson Khusela Diko being brought before a disciplinary committee.

Masuku was dismissed from his position after an investigation found him guilty of 'damaging' the reputation of the ruling party with regards to his department's PPE tender saga.

Read also

Pemmy Majodina wants to explain son's involvement in PPE caucus deal

Ex health MEC to take disciplinary to ANC at national level
Former Gauteng Health MEC Bandile Masuku will be taking the disciplinary outcomes to the ANC at national level. Image: GCIS
Source: UGC

EWN reported on statements made by Masuku while speaking on Radio702 signalling his intent to appeal the decision of the Provincial Disciplinary Committee. Following reports by News24, ANC spokesperson Bones Modise stated that Masuku has the option to appeal the decision if he believes the incorrect decision was made.

Modise stated that the Committee's decision was likely to be articulated to the PEC at its meeting, which began over the weekend and is scheduled to end early this week.

Previously, Briefly News reported that Gauteng Premier David Makhura opted to strip Masuku of his position in response to scandals connected with Covid-19 relief.

Makhura had met with African National Congress leadership in order to discuss the embattled MEC's fate and evidently determined to cut ties with Masuku. This comes after a Special Investigations Unit report blamed Masuku as the responsible party for the personal protective equipment scandal that prompted him to voluntarily step aside.

Read also

Ace Magashule says he feels good about meeting with Jacob Zuma

the scandal had erupted when it emerged that President Cyril Ramaphosa's spokesperson's husband had managed to secure tender worth millions with the Gauteng Department of Health to supply PPE.

The resulting fallout had prompted both Diko and Masuku to step aside from their posts in order to clear their names. At the time of the report, Masuku denied using his political power to secure the deal for the family with whom he shares a friendship dating back to 2016.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Online view pixel