Somizi “Somgaga” Mhlongo is a South African radio personality, brand ambassador, TV presenter, actor, choreographer, and singer. Currently a co-host of #TheBridge on Metro FM, the celebrity first gained prominence after appearing on Sarafina in 1992. Since his emergence in the entertainment scene, Somizi Mhlongo has racked up a number of appearances in films and Television shows.
Who is Somizi Mhlongo? Many know him for the various television and radio roles, but there is more to him than what the eye sees. How old is Somizi Mhlongo? Here is an interesting Somgaga Mhlongo biography that will give you a better understanding of this renowned Mzansi celebrity.
Somizi Mhlongo biography
Where is Somizi Mhlongo from? Who is Somizis fiancé? What is Somizi net worth? Here is his comprehensive life story
Somgaga Mhlongo profile
- Born: 23rd December 1972 in Soweto, South Africa
- Somizi age: 46 years presently
- Origin: South Africa
- Marital status: Single although he is engaged to his boyfriend
- Occupation: Radio personality, brand ambassador, TV presenter, actor, choreographer/fitness instructor, and singer
- What is Somizi famous for?: Hosting the breakfast show on the Metro FM and choreographing the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2010 FIFA World Cup. He is also famous for various TV roles.
- Somizi net worth: $5 million
- Facebook: @somizisom
- Twitter: @somizi
- Instagram: somizi
- Contacts: Email addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com
Somizi Mhlongo father and Somizi mother
Who is the father of Somizi Mhlongo? The celebtity's father, who was an assistant director, comedian, and actor, was called Ndaba Mhlongo. The father is known for works like Strike Force (1986), Isivumelwano (1978), and Bad Company (1985). Somgaga’s mother is a former actor called Mary Twala, also from South Africa. Recently, in 2011, Somizi Mhlongo mother received a nomination for the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role.
Somizi daughter Bahumi Mhlongo
Who is Somizi daughter? Somizi Mhlongo daughter, who is about 24 years old, is called Bahumi Madisakwane. He had the baby with news anchor, Palesa Madisakwane.
Somizi Mhlongo husband/ Somizi boyfriend
Who is somizi engaged to? How old is Somizi Mhlongo's boyfriend? The outspoken gay actor in March 2018 admitted that he is engaged to his boyfriend called Mohale Motaung (Tebogo). The two met at an event by Louis Vuitton and Moet & Chandon. According to Somgaga, the two got engaged in France close to the Eiffel Tower. For anyone wishing to attend his wedding, he says that it will be at a far-away venue where only the people he invites shall attend. For the many who will not get the invite, Somizi Mhlongo wedding pictures will be enough.
Somizi Mhlongo cars
In October 2016, he bought himself two cars worth a massive R 3.3 million. He later added another one worth R1.5 million. This is just a taste of what he has done. Talk of nice life problems to have. His collection includes a Rolls Royce, a Range Rover, Jeep, Jaguar, and two BMWs.
Somizi Mhlongo house
Somgaga has a lavish home featuring creature comforts like a designer kitchen, a lounge, suede coaches, a painting, and other things. He bought another house worth R6 million in July 2018 at the well-known Zimbali Coastal Resort & Estate in Kwazulu-Natal.
Somizi Mhlongo pregnancy
Yes, you read that right! He wants to be the first African man to get pregnant. About 2 years ago, some unconfirmed sources reported that he has already gone through the surgery in Brazil to have a womb implanted in him. Shocking, right?
Somizi Mhlongo TV, films, and choreography
Born to parents who were already in the entertainment business, it is easy to see why Somgaga became interested in the industry at just the tender age of 13. His first movie at that Somizi Mhlongo age was the 1978 film titled “Scavengers.” As a young and rising star of Mzansi, he later appeared in other films like The Beloved Country and Cry.
His choreography career also started with the film Sarafina. He has since choreographed high profile events like the 2010 World Cup closing and opening ceremonies in South Africa. He joined Metro FM’s breakfast show in April 2017 until his recent switch to #TheBridge. In 2017, he managed to release his autobiography as well as becoming a brand ambassador of DStv. His main style of music is a fusion of Gospel and Kwaito although he has not had much success in that area. His roles include the following.
- Living the Dream with Somizi
- The Comedy Central Roast of Kenny Kunene
- Cry, the Beloved Country
- African Skies
- Tarzan: The Epic Adventures
- Zero Tolerance
- Dance Your Butt Off
- Kien Hiüber Afrika
- 10 Over 10
- Global Citizen Festival: Mandela 100
- City Ses'la
- Reality Check
- Idols South Africa
- All That BS
- 23rd South African Music Awards
- South African Film and Television Awards
- Tropika Smooth Fan
- 22nd South African Music Awards
- Black Beulahs
- V Entertainment
- The Comedy Central Roast of Somizi
- 24th South African Music Awards
Some of the works he has choreographed include:
- South African Music Award (SAMAs)
- Miss South Africa
- Fifa World Cup 2010 Opening and Closing Ceremonies
- Metro FM awards
- Afcon 2013 Opening and Closing Ceremonies
Somizi Mhlongo latest news
There have been reports that have emerged recently that Somizi and Mohale Motaung wedding has been delayed because the couple do not have the cash. These claims forced a furious Somgaga to take to Instagram to refute the reports. He has stated in no unclear terms that money is not an issue.
That is it for now about the Mzansi’s flamboyant and outspoken Somgaga. With all the above details, it is a sure feeling that Somizi Mhlongo will be lighting up SA for a while longer.
- Nomzamo Mbatha biography: age, boyfriend, mother, sister and career
- Simphiwe Ngema biography: age, daughter, husband, wedding and career
- Dumi Masilela biography: death, funeral, tombstone, songs, wedding, wife, son and career
- Zoe Mthiyane biography: Age, Height, Baby, Husband, Drinking Problem and Movies
- Khanyi Dhlomo Biography, New Baby, House, Age, Husband, Wedding and Awards