Sipho Pityana is a successful South African businessman, advisor and consultant. He is best known as an outspoken critic of the former president, Jacob Zuma. On several occasions he did not agree with Zuma’s style of leadership. Sipho has worked in various capacities in the country. He inspires uncountable people across the country and beyond to work hard and pursue their interests and dreams.
Pityana was born in South Africa. His personal details are scarce in the public domain. Although many people have written the Sipho Pityana biography, his exact date of birth remains unknown. He is around 60 years of age as of 2019.
Barney Pityana and Lizo Pityana are his brothers. He went to the University of Essex where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Government and Sociology. He also went to the University of London for his Master of Science degree in Politics and Sociology. He also has an honourary DTech VUT.
In June 2018, Sipho was unanimously elected the president of Business Unity South Africa (BUSA). Sipho Pityana BUSA took over the position on the 26th of June 2018. He took over from Jabu Mabuza who has served in the previous two terms.
So Martin Kingston is the vice president of BUSA. He is currently serving his second term in the position. After his election into the seat, Pityana said that it was an honour to hold the job at a time where businesses are struggling for transformative and inclusive fiscal growth. Under his leadership, he aims to redefine the business landscape in South Africa.
According to Sipho Pityana profile, he has previously held the following positions in his career timeline:
- Sipho worked as the director-general in South Africa’s Department of Labour from 1995 to 1999.
- From 1999 to 2002, Sipho worked in the Department of Foreign Affairs as the director-general.
- Between 2002 and 2004, Sipho worked as a strategic business development officer at Nedcor Investment Bank Holdings. He was an executive director in the firm.
- From the 22nd of November 2005 to date, he has been serving as the chairperson of Onelogix Group Ltd.
- Sipho was also one of the founders of the National Economic Development and Labour Council (NEDLAC) as well as the Council for Conciliation Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA).
- He previously worked for the National Students’ Financial Aid Scheme (NFSAS) as the chairperson.
- He also served in the Council for the Advancement of the South African Constitution as the chairperson.
- He is currently a board member at AngloGold Ashanti.
- Pityana is also the current chair of the Council of the University of Cape Town.
- He is a founder of Izingwe Capital, a black economic empowerment group in South Africa. He is also the chairperson of the group. Izingwe Capital is a company that he founded in 2004 and is based in Sandton. The company invests in different blue-chip corporates in the country.
- He also founded Save SA, a South African advocacy group, after the information about the state capture was revealed to the public.
- He also works at the Aberdare Cables (Pty) Limited in the capacity of the non-executive deputy as a chairman and Bytes Technology Group as a non-executive director.
- Pityana is also a board member of other organisations and institutions, some of which are listed with the Johannesburg, London and New York stock exchanges. He is also working for the Ministry of Education, the Science and Technology Initiative and the Labour Relations Council as an advisor. Moreover, he is a consultant at the Forum of Vice-Chancellors of Historically Black University.
- On the 24th of April 2019, Absa Group Limited which was previously known as Barclays Africa Group Limited appointed Sipho as a non-executive director. Sipho Pityana ABSA works as an independent non-executive director.
Sipho Pityana net worth
From the career timeline above, it is apparent that Sipho is a successful business person, investor, consultant and advisor. It is reported that his remuneration package at AngloGold Ashanti is about $372,250. The amount of wealth and money that he has amassed over the years is yet to be disclosed. His current net worth, therefore, is unknown.
READ ALSO: Faith Muthambi biography: age, date of birth, family, education background, qualifications and rumoured Ben 10 affair
Sipho Pityana contact details
The personal phone number and email address of this successful South African man are not publicly known. However, the contact details of Izingwe Capital (Pty) Limited are:
Physical address: 12th Floor, Sandton, Gauteng 2146, South Africa.
Phone number: 27 11 784 3886
Fax: 27 11 784 3903
Sipho Pityana open letter
In February 2019, Sipho Pityana news about his open letter to Sandile Zungu hit the headlines. The letter expressed regret that he was yet to meet and engage with Sandile Zungu, the president of the Black Business Council (BBC), yet the business industry in the country was deteriorating. He also addressed the deep wound that corruption in the country had caused to the South African people. The long letter expressed his pain, anger and disappointment in the way the country’s affairs are run, and possible solutions to the problems at hand.
Sipho Pityana is a successful South African businessman, investor, consultant and advisor. He is the brother of Barney and Lizo Pityana. His career timeline is proof that he is a hardworking and dedicated man who is unafraid of conquering new territories. Today, he is one of the most influential people in the country.
- Angie Motshekga biography: age, son, husband, family, qualifications, salary, career, and latest news
- Faf de Klerk biography: age, height, weight, wife, wedding, salary and Instagram
Source: Briefly News