It is a popular belief that dreams find you. Unfortunately, many people that have been “found” barely do much to achieve their goals. All they do is talk about their dreams instead of doing something about them. Janel Parrish is a young lady whose dream found her while in a theatre, and back then she knew that was it!
Janel has slowly worked her way up to the significant roles she is currently taking on. She started from the stage, and now the world is under her feet.
Janel Parrish profile summary
- Full name: Janel Meilani Parrish
- Place of birth: Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii U.S
- Date of birth: 30th October 1988
- Age: 31 years
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5 feet 2 inches
- Nationality: American
- Spouse: Chris Long
- Occupation: Actress, singer
- Net worth: $700 thousand - $ 1 million
- Instagram: @janelparrish
Janel Parrish personal life
Janel was born in Honolulu Oahu, Hawaii on 30th October 1988. She was born to Mark Phillip Parrish and Joanne Mew. Her father is of European descent, whereas her mother is of Chinese descent. She also has am elder sister called Melissa Nohelani who served in the U.S military. Janel Parrish nationality is American. She attended Moanalua elementary school and then furthered to Moanalua High School. She later on left school in grade 9 to be homeschooled when she and her family moved to Los Angeles.
Janel Parrish tattoos are an obsession for her. She has 24 of them on various parts of her body: on her finger, upper shoulder, forearm, behind the ear ankle, lower back, foot, and other places. All of the tattoos on her body are meaningful to her. She recently got a moon tattoo which was in memory of her grandma who passed away, as people used to call her moony.
Is Janel Parrish married?
Janel Parrish husband, Chris Long, is a chemical engineer. The two started dating in September 2016. They got engaged on 23rd October 2017, which was when they each announced the news on their Instagram walls. The two later on in September 2018 said “I do” on their personally written vows as they had their wedding in Hawaii. Janel Parrish Instagram has over 7 million followers and is filled with images of the two lovebirds.
Janel Parrish career
When she was six years old, Janel got to see The Phantom of the Opera at Neal S. Blaisdell Centre and was completely taken by the thought of performing. At a young age, she began taking piano lessons, and in a year, she was taking lessons in singing, acting, jazz dance, and tap dance. In 1996, Janel started her acting career, where she took on the role of Young Cosette in Les Misérables. When she was 14 years old, she joined the Start Search (2003) where she performed the track On My Own from Les Misérables. Meilani did not go past the first round of the competition. However, this did not deter her from striving to achieve her dreams.
In 2007, Janel got her big break with her cast as Jade in the Film Bratz. Later in 2010, she got one of her most notable roles in the TV series Pretty Little Liars as Mona Vanderwaal. She has also written, produced, and featured in several music videos. Parrish produced her first single Rainy Day after she got signed with Geffen Records.
Janel Parrish movies
Below is a list of the films, television series, and stage shows she has cast in:
- 2007 Bratz as Jade
- 2009 Fired Up! as Lana
- 2010 Triple Dog as Cecily Gerber
- 2011 One Kine Day as Leilani
- 2017 Until We Meet Again as Lisa Wagner
- 2018 To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before as Margot Covey
- 2019 Mighty Oak as Gina Jackson
- 2020 To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You as Margot Covey
- 2020 Until We Meet Again as Lisa Wagner
- 1999 Baywatch as Hina
- 2000 Geppetto as Natalie
- 2003 Star Search as Herself (Junior Singer)
- 2004 The Bernie Mac Show as Laura
- 2006 The O.C. as Leah
- 2007–2008 Heroes as May
- 2010–2017 Pretty Little Liars as Mona Vanderwaal
- 2013 Hawaii Five-0 as Rebecca Fine
- 2014 Dancing with the Stars as Herself
- 2015 The Mysteries of Laura as Jillian Havemeyer
- 2016 Rush Hour as Nina Taylor
- 2017 Rosewood as Selena Monet
- 2018 I’ll Be Watching as Kate Riley
- 2019 Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists as Mona Vanderwaal
- 1996 Les Misérables as Young Cosette at National tour and Imperial Theatre
- 1998 To Kill a Mockingbird as Scout Finch at Manoa Valley Theatre
- 2000 The Best Christmas Pageant Ever as Beth Bradley at Diamond Head Theatre
- 2001 On Dragonfly Wings as Wendy Waterbug at Leeward Community College Theater
- 2012 Spring Awakening as Anna at Theatre of Arts Arena Stage
- 2015 Cruel Intentions: The Musical as Kathryn Merteuil at Rockwell Table & Stage
- 2017 A Walk to Remember: The Musical as Jamie Sullivan at Prospect Theatre
- 2017–2018 Grease as Sandy Dumbrowski at Elgin and Winter Garden Theatres
Janel Parrish awards
Janel is slowly working her way to the top and she has several accolades to prove that. Here are the awards and nominations she has received thus far:
- 2008 Nominee of Razzie Award Worst Actress in Bratz (2007)
T.V. Guide Awards
- 2013 Nominee of T.V. Guide Award Favorite Villain in Pretty Little Liars (2010)
Teen Choice Awards
- 2012 Winner of Teen Choice Award Choice T.V. Villain in Pretty Little Liars (2010)
- 2013 Winner of Teen Choice Award Choice T.V. Villain in Pretty Little Liars (2010)
- 2014 Nominee of Teen Choice Award Choice T.V.: Villain in Pretty Little Liars (2010)
- 2015 Winner of Teen Choice Award Choice T.V.: Villain in Pretty Little Liars (2010)
- 2016 Winner of Teen Choice Award Choice T.V.: Villain in Pretty Little Liars (2010)
- 2017 Winner of Teen Choice Award Choice T.V.: Villain in Pretty Little Liars (2010)
Janel Parrish net worth 2020
Janel’s net worth is estimated to be between $700 thousand - $ 1 million. Her earning mostly come from her profession in acting and singing.
Janel Parrish philanthropy
Meilani has a heart of gold and is involved in several charitable programs. Some of the charities she supports include the Los Angeles Mission and the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. She also donates to UNAIDS, Oceana, and Soles4Souls.
Janel Parrish body measurements
Janel Parrish height is a little on the shorter side since she is 5 feet 2 inches (1.57m). She is known for endorsing a healthy living and fitness lifestyle on her Instagram page. Janel Parrish parents were both former bodybuilders whom she acknowledges for helping her in the gym and greatly help her in staying fit. Her other body measurements are 34-25-36 inches.
Janel Parrish is a lady with a big heart. She is passionate about what she does, and as she puts it, “it never feels like work”. She might not know it, but she is a role model for many young girls who are looking to join the entertainment industry.