- President Cyril Ramaphosa recently asked South Africa to participate in the #JerusalemaChallenge for Heritage Day
- Mzansi definitely delivered as social media has been abuzz with new videos of people participating in the challenge
- Briefly.co.za took the time out to compile 5 of the top #JerusalemaChallenge videos shared on Twitter this morning
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!
The #JerusalemaChallenge has been taking the world by storm. Many would think that the global pandemic would have slowed down the challenge but it has brought people closer in a time when the world needed it the most.
Master KG and Nomcebo released their hit song late last year but that has not stopped it from becoming a global sensation. In celebration of Heritage Day in South Africa, President Cyril Ramaphosa urged Mzansi to take part in the challenge.
The nation has already started their participation in the challenge since the early hours of this morning. In celebration of Heritage Day 2020, Briefly.co.za compiled a few of the top #JerusamelaChallenge videos uploaded to social media today.
5. @MakuaThail posted a family doing the challenge
4. Lillian Lehetla Special School Teachers worked together to participate in the challenge
3. @EUinSA showing off their moves
2. Two ladies take on the challenge while skipping
1. These Setswana women take the number 1 spot as they take on the challenge in traditional attire
In other news about the #JerusalemaChallenge, Briefly.co.za recently reported on Zweli Mkhize showing off his moves in the #JerusalemaChallenge. Dr Zweli Mkhize and the Ministry of Health took part int he viral Jerusalema challenge on Thursday to celebrate Heritage Day.
This follows calls from President Cyril Ramaphosa on South Africans to unite during these troubling times. Mkhize and his team showed off their dance moves to Master KG's hit song in a field and they not only perfected it, but also managed to still practice lockdown regulations.
At one point in the video, a lady sanitises her hands before they bust a move while still maintaining the proper social distance from each other. Mkhize posted a link to the video on his official Twitter account and the video was also shared on YouTube by SA Coronavirus.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!