“The Pain I Felt”: South African Woman Reveals How Eskom Hurt Her in a Video, Mzansi Stunned

“The Pain I Felt”: South African Woman Reveals How Eskom Hurt Her in a Video, Mzansi Stunned

  • One heartbroken baker showed how Eskom hurt her in a video which is making rounds on social media
  • The clip of the woman gathered many views, along with thousands of likes and comments online
  • South Africans reacted to the lady's video as they rushed to her comments section with inquiries, while others were shocked

PAY ATTENTION: Let yourself be inspired by real people who go beyond the ordinary! Subscribe and watch our new shows on Briefly TV Life now!

One woman was left devastated by the South African electricity public utility Eskom, and she shared a video detailing her story.

A woman took to TikTok to showcase how Eskom ruined her cakes.
South African woman reveals how Eskom affected her business in a TikTok video. Image: Jasmin Merdan and Rodger Bosch
Source: Getty Images

Heartbroken baker shows how Eskom hurt her

The woman who goes by the TikTok handle @ohsoheavenlycakes shared a clip on TikTok where she showcased how Eskom did her dirty. The businesswoman who was baking said in her video that 15 minutes into the baking process, she had 15 layers of cake in her oven. To the lady's surprise, the electricity went off.

Read also

South African woman details her horrible Tinder date experience in a video

@ohsoheavenlycakes continued by saying that she did not have electricity for 20 minutes, and in an attempt to save her cakes, she left them in the oven so they could cook with the bit of heat that was left.

I left those cakes inside, hoping for the best, and guess what? I am throwing them away. The pain I felt yesterday, the pain I felt, dear Eskom if I catch you," she said in her video.

Take a look at the woman's ruined cake below:

People are in shock

The video generated many views and many likes and comments. The woman's story touched social media users, who flocked to her comments section with inquiries while others expressed their thoughts.

Indondo kayise nonina said:

"Ibuye nini futh manje? I load-shedding."

Bee Kay Joko suggested:

Read also

Female pilot shares inspiring story of resilience after divorce in touching video

"When you're in business, you can't rely on Eskom anymore, invest in a gas stove sis, so sorry."

Glena Munyai added:

"Currently, we don’t have load-shedding, so please don’t blame Eskom."

kdaniels049 asked:

"Why didn't you check the schedule first before baking."

Lamza de comedian wrote:

"Sorry dear...buy a gas stove for backup."

Woman's terrifying near-death experience revealed on TikTok, Mzansi is baffled

Briefly News previously reported that a woman took to social media to unveil how she nearly died during her sleep, and people were astonished by the video.

The footage shared by @tanya_posts on the video platform shows the young lady unveiling her burnt stove. She revealed that her brother left the stove on during loadshedding, and once she got up, she was frightened by the smoke that filled the house.

PAY ATTENTION: Сheck out news that is picked exactly for YOU - click on “Recommended for you” and enjoy!

Source: Briefly News

Authors:
Johana Mukandila avatar

Johana Mukandila (Editor) Johana Tshidibi Mukandila has been a Human Interest Reporter at Briefly News since 2023. She holds a national diploma in journalism from the Cape Peninsula University Of Technology (2023). She has worked at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, PAICTA, BONA Magazine and Albella Music Production. She is currently furthering her education in journalism at the CPUT. She has passed a set of trainings from Google News Initiative. Reach her at johana.mukandila@briefly.co.za

Online view pixel