Dudu Myeni Snubs Zondo Commission, Despite Summons to Appear

Dudu Myeni Snubs Zondo Commission, Despite Summons to Appear

- Former SAA chairperson Dudu Myeni has failed to appear before the Zondo Commission State Capture Inquiry

- Myeni received a summons to appear and was supposed to testify earlier but did not fulfil the duty

- Back in November, Myeni refused to say too much because she didn't want to risk "incriminating" herself

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!

South African businesswoman and former SAA chairperson Dudu Myeni has snubbed the Zondo Commission Enquiry into State Capture and failed to appear. Myeni was served a summons by the Commission but still did not arrive to give her testimony.

Her legal representatives said that Myeni was told that she still had to appear at the Commission, even after she asked for a postponement. She said that she could not be present because she was not based in Gauteng.

Read also

Find Simphiwe Manzini: Woman who faked hijacking released on R2 000 bail

Dudu Myeni snubs Zondo Commission, despite summons to appear
Dudu Myeni has failed to appear before the State Capture Commission of Inquiry. Image: @CapricornFMNews
Source: Twitter

Myeni asked if there could be another date that she appears and her lawyer asked if she could rather make her testimony through an online video call.

PAY ATTENTION: Never miss breaking news – join Briefly News' Telegram channel

According to a report by News24, Myeni says she needs more time to respond to the arguments that have been given to her. She wants to respond in the best way that she can.

Myeni refused to answer questions posed to her by her State Capture Commission back in November, according to TimesLIVE. She argued that she didn't want to risk incriminating herself.

Deputy Chief Justice Raymond Zondo told Myeni that her refusal did not exclude him from making an adverse finding against her.

In other political news, Briefly News previously reported that the ANC National Working Committee is set to discuss Ace Magashule's defiance.

Read also

ANC National Working Committee to discuss Ace Magashule's defiance

The African National Congress (ANC) National Working Committee (NWC) is said to have met on Monday to examine suspended secretary-general Ace Magashule.

This is for Magashule's resistance of the National Executive Committee's (NEC) guidance to apologize to party branches for composing a letter of suspension to President Cyril Ramaphosa.

Magashule composed a letter of suspension to Ramaphosa and furthermore moved toward the High Court in Johannesburg to save his suspension and to pronounce the ANC's progression to the side goal unlawful.

According to SABC News, during the last NEC meeting, Magashule was suspended and he was given 48 hours to apologize to the ANC branches or face further disciplinary action.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Online view pixel