Experiencing some pest issues at home and want to know how to get rid of cockroaches forever? To start off, you have to deal with the nest itself otherwise the little crawlers will simply crawl back to your nightmares later. The good news is that there are remedies that will help you to completely get rid of these annoying pests.
Most people, if not all, have experienced cockroach invasion in their homes at one point or another. The trick is that you have to deal with this issue quickly and effectively by either using workable home remedies or inviting professional exterminators to help you. Although hiring professionals may be the best alternative, you will have to dig deeper into your pockets, so why not try this workable home remedies for eradicating cockroaches?
READ ALSO: How to stop periods at home
How to get rid of roaches without an exterminator
What attracts cockroaches in your home? They say that prevention is better than cure. So, it is important to know what makes these pests camp in your home. Food leftovers on counters, crumbs on the floor, and dirty dishes in the sink are major causes of pest invasion in homes. What home remedy kills roaches? Here are alternatives to getting rid of cockroaches, but before doing any of these, try as much as possible to reduce clutter and seal cracks and crevices in the house that can hide a cockroach nest.
- First, you can create a mixture of sugar and baking soda where the two ingredients have a ratio of 1:1. Keep in mind that this mixture is slow but it will kill the roaches once they ingest it and it mixes with their stomach acids. You have to apply the sugar-baking soda mixture to the place that you commonly see them, either where they have made home or where they pass through. The sugar will attract them and the baking soda will finish the job of killing them by creating an explosive in their stomachs.
- How do you get rid of roaches fast? One of the most effective home remedies of getting rid of roaches fast is boric acid, which you can get in stores. Make sure that it is dry otherwise it will be useless.
- You can also use lemons or lemon peels to spray areas where they have built their nest. You can grind lemon peels and place them in their frequented places as well. If you are feeling fancy, just buy pure lemon juice and skip all the hustle of preparation, although this may not be as effective.
- You can decide to get rid of roaches the way our ancestors did by trapping them in containers containing food or other things like coffee that will attract the pests. Add some water in the container to drown them and suffocate them for more than 40 minutes. Make sure the mouth of the container is slimy so they do not crawl out.
- Another effective way is to use an adhesive trap. Once the cockroaches land on the trap, they cannot extricate themselves. However, this method will not get rid of your problem completely since you have to target the nest if you want to get rid of the roaches forever.
- If you have a fabric softener at home, go ahead and spray their nests. Mix the water and the softener in the ratio of 2:3. With a spray bottle and exterminate the annoyances.
7. Go to an appropriate store and get the nastiest poison that the attendant will advise you. Apply that in places you suspect they are nesting.
8. How to get rid of cockroaches without killing them? Maybe you just love roaches alive but outside your home. A solution for you would be to get a repellant like bay leaves. Mash them into a paste and put them all over the house. The paste will not kill but it will repel the cockroaches.
READ ALSO: How to draw a face step by step
There are numerous other ways of getting rid of cockroaches, but one or two of the above options will surely work. With the above guide on how to get rid of cockroaches at home, you will no longer be worried when you see these pests in your space. Simply use the most available of the options above and you will be amazed by the outcome.
- Explainer: How to keep safe and avoid being struck by lightning
- Petrol price February 2019
- How to make pap from scratch
- Best butternut soup recipe South Africa
- How to make white sauce pasta at home
Source: Briefly News