Just as is the case for other universities, your Unisa registration is a key process after your master`s application. You must adhere to the registration requirements to fully secure your chance at the school. If you have ever desired to study at the institution, then consider following every procedure strictly. The school takes a strict approach in offering slots to qualified students and will not entertain any mishaps. It is possible to lose your opportunity just by failing to confirm your details during registration.
With so much to know for one to be qualified and accepted at Unisa, it is paramount that every interested candidate does due diligence in getting all the necessary information. Fortunately, this is easy. With the right procedure, anyone can register and get to be part of the institution. All you need to do is to understand and get the procedure right.
Unisa registration for master's and doctoral degrees guide
You can only register once you have a confirmation from Unisa after your application. You can also re-register if you made enough progress in the current academic year. Those who deferred their studies officially can also re-register.
Unisa registration closing dates
You need to stick to the dates of registration. These vary depending on the qualification. For instance, the general deadlines for registration for master's and doctoral qualifications in 2021 are from 5 January 2021 till 31 March 2021. But the registration for Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Business Leadership (MBL), and Doctor of Business Leadership (DBL) programs closed on 12 February 2021. MCompt must register by 12 February 2021.
All master's and doctoral registrations must be submitted online.
- You start by entering your student number in the slot provided.
- Confirm your details as shown on the screen
- Key in the modules that you are registering for. It is important to ensure that you have entered the correct modules and that you have met all the pre-requisite for the modules.
- Check on Unisa provisional examination timetable in case you select a coursework Master's program. This is to confirm that you do not have exams that will clash.
- Make sure you pay the minimum Unisa master`s fees allowed if you want your registration to be complete. Failure to do this will lead to incomplete registration which could put everything on hold or lead to disqualification.
What should you do after your registration?
Once your registration for a master's program has been approved, there are several things you need to do fast.
- The first step would be to visit myUnisa for a login. This works if you have never logged in before.
- On your myLife e-mail account, login. This is an email account that all students are entitled to since it is the platform where all important info is communicated.
- You should use myUnisa to access crucial study information. Those that are registered for MBA, DBL, and MBL degrees should get theirs on SBL's ESOnLine
- Contact your supervisor if you need to get the content on either platform.
Students registered for a coursework master's degree can also add additional modules during the registration period. They can do it via myUnisa and pay the necessary fee to the university by the relevant closing date for registration.
You need to note that education, in general, is a significant investment and you must be prepared to foot the costs. This said Unisa has lower fee requirements compared to other institutions of higher learning rated at its level. This means that you are sure of getting the value of your money without having to strain too much.
The fees paid will depend on the number of modules a student takes as well as their qualifications. Even so, bear in mind that these costs are not inclusive of book charges, which you must be responsible for. You need to note that study fees for research master’s and doctoral studies must be paid in full at the time of registration.
The fees for the 2021 academic year are available on the official Unisa website. The 2021 fees for the MBA, MBL, and DBL qualifications are different because of their own financial fee structure. You should contact the SBL (email@example.com) or visit their website.
There is also a funding program for students that are eligible for assistance. This comes in the form of bursaries and loans. The awarding is determined by the fund's donors and is considered only when you apply.
Unisa registration contact details
If you still have any questions considering Unisa registration for master's and doctoral degrees, contact the Master's and Doctoral Administration Section via firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website.
Now that you have a better understanding of the Unisa registration for master's and doctoral degrees process 2021, the ball is in your court. Coupled with your ability to pay fees, you are guaranteed quality education for your postgraduate program.