Interesting speech topics are of great significance when delivering a good quality speech. Unlike reading books, the lifespan of a speech depends on many factors including good oratory prowess of the orator, the creative scripting of the speech, ability to accurately express issues through your speech, and finally being able to title your speech persuasively. All these qualities have been demonstrated in history through the person of Martin Luther King, Barrack Obama, Julius Malema, Nelson Mandela, and Professor PLO, to mention a few.
More often than not, when writing a speech, you find yourself asking what the best speech topics are? A good argument has to be persuasive. It has to put across an issue clearly and logically. The strength of a topic is in its ability to spark an interest from the audience towards the speech and appeal to each person in the audience. Each topic should be thought out of the box. Let’s look at 100 speech topics that you can use in a speech.
Topics for speech in school
Interesting topic for a speech in school varies depending on the occasion. They might also be for verbal writing tasks. However, every topic has to be catchy to capture the attention of the audience. In addition to this, the topic has to prepare your audience for your speech by summarizing the plot of your speech. Below are some speech topics for school.
- Private schools are not any better than public schools.
- Failing is part of the plan, but do not plan to fail.
- A standardized test is not a true measure of what a student can accomplish.
- No pain no gain is still a worthy motto for success in school.
- Embracing racial diversity in school is important for students.
- Celebrating each student’s ability is to raise a conscious crop of students.
- Education is still the key to success.
- Being a follower is important only if you are conscious.
- It is not a crime to come out of high school without a clear career path.
- Children should be protected from excessive internet consumption.
- Physical exercise is not good for children. It is great!
- Children should not trust their neighbors if they do not know them.
- Students should not be taught to compete but to complement.
- Parental pressure is good until it is bad.
- Comparison based on performance is bad if it does not recognize personal strengths.
Interesting speech topics for college students
College students have many issues going on on their campuses. To add to this, they are mentally mature to notice societal problems and create issue-based topics on them.
- Why schools should enhance the quality of students.
- Why you should travel more while you are still in college.
- Are students’ future assured in the current economic times?
- Is change an excuse for lack of ethics in the professional space?
- Students have a brain. So, why limit them from using it?
- Is he a bad person or a bad student? Either way, he is a student.
- Students should enjoy their time on campus.
- Studying while working is an added advantage to a student.
- Having a mentor should be made mandatory for all students.
- The study environment has an effect on the overall quality of a student.
- Do not be in a hurry to arrive in your future.
- Influence of social media on students.
- Believing that people will mature in college is a misconception.
- Cars are of no importance on campus.
- The library is the coolest place on campus.
Persuasive speech topics for college
- Adopting pets or buying from breeders? Which is best?
- Do people not understand the dangers of texting while driving?
- Is ignorance really lack of education?
- Is climate change really true?
- Money is the root for all evil only if it lands on an evil hand.
- Which came first, the egg or the hen?
- I did fit an elephant in a fridge.
- Do introverts make good leaders?
- Religion is not a bad thing, lack of faith is!
- Money can buy happiness, it all depends on where you go shopping.
- Plastic is the new grass.
- Why is education so expensive and yet it is the key to success.
- Natural resource managers should be paid more than hedge fund managers.
- Cleanliness is a good thing.
- Should female students get more attention than male students?
Persuasive speech topics 2021
- Religion fundamentalism is slowly replacing love.
- Being right or wrong is not as important as being humane.
- Letting perfect be the enemy of good is bad.
- Who was the best South African president?
- Is any race superior over the other?
- How political historical injustices can be forgotten.
- Does the legalization of cannabis make it less harmful?
- Is science more superior to religion?
- What is the point of manufacturing nuclear weapons if they will destroy the world?
- Feminism is not the opposite of masculine but a complementary aspect of it
- Being a stay at home mom is a career.
- Breastfeeding in public is not wrong. Is it?
- Media is to be blamed for half of the world’s problems.
- Is diversity really a good thing?
- Is profit superior over good environmental conditions?
Unique speech topics
Unique speech topics are mostly about those issues that are not spoken about on a regular basis. These topics address issues of critical importance without sparking the wrong reaction from the audience.
- The internet is a double-edged sword.
- Do closed borders guarantee a country’s success?
- Modern art is a result of ambition.
- Good morale has been replaced with a hunger for money.
- Racism shares a lifeline with politics.
- There is life after death.
- Trying to tame a wild animal is to shorten your life expectancy.
- Life is unfair.
- There needs to be a one-car-per-family rule.
- Farmers should only farm organic foods.
- Depression is a serious disease.
- Love is not chemistry.
- Nobody speaks English correctly.
- Coffee is healthy food.
- Miracles happen on earth.
Easy speech topics
Easy speech topics are mainly about normal daily happenings. These topics are simple to create, but they also meet the required standard of a good speech topic.
- Marriage is still a good thing.
- Do not borrow money from friends.
- A family that prays together stays together.
- I believe in God.
- Living in truth and in spirit is better than living in pride.
- Spare the rod spoil the child.
- Parenting style should be standardized.
- Judging a fish by its ability to climb a tree is bad.
- Cosmetic surgery is immoral.
- Democracy is not the best form of governance.
- Ignorance is the worst form of living.
- Diet pills will not make you slim.
- College is for stupid people.
- Logic is not a replacement for instincts.
- Facebook is not a place to learn the difference between right and wrong.
Interesting persuasive speech topics
When writing persuasive speech topics, you have to do due diligence and familiarize yourself with your target audience. You also have to ensure that you find a topic that you have an interest in so that you become as natural as possible while delivering your speech.
- Do getting cheaper foreign employees have a negative impact on the economy?
- Should a housewife’s role be valued in monetary terms?
- Should online teaching receive much attention like the conventional form of teaching?
- Does legalizing prostitution make it morally correct?
- Is the death sentence not murder?
- Should voting be made mandatory?
- Should the legal smoking age be increased to 100 years?
- Are paper books better than e-books?
- Is the rule of law the only solution to a dispute?
- Is the freedom of media more important than quality information?
When seeking answers for what are the best speech topics and what should I write my speech about, the topics above can provide creative answers that will ensure you write issue-based topics that will not only catch your listener's attention but also ensure that you write an issue-based speech.