Maggie Benedict is one of the few South African people in the entertainment industry who has had the best breaks. The actress has an admirable career history that has made her a role model for most of her colleagues. What started as a passion grew and became one of the reasons that made her a household name in the country. Her biography highlights what it took her to become the celebrated actress that she is. Here is all you need to know about her.
Are you South African if you do not know who Maggie Benedict is? The queen that has been gracing the screens for the longest time is an accomplished actress who has had the best breaks in the industry. Her determination is one of the key factors that have seen her rise from being a local show actress to an international icon who has featured in some of the best TV shows. You might want to keep up with her biography and capture a few nitty gritties from it.
Maggie Benedict biography
Maggie Benedict age
The latter was born on the 10th of February 1981. As of date, Maggie Benedict age is thirty-eight.
READ ALSO: South African stars glitter in Hollywood
Maggie Benedict family
She was born in Mamelodi Pretoria where she grew up under the care of both of her parents with her father being a medical doctor and her mother a retired teacher.
Maggie Benedict husband
It is not clear whether Maggie Benedict is married, although it is alleged that she used to date a white man who is claimed to be the father of her baby.
Maggie Benedict baby
Are you the type that could be wondering, does Maggie Benedict have a child? The latter is a mother, although she does not disclose details about her personal life and her kid.
Maggie Benedict career
As a young girl, Maggie portrayed the character of a young girl who was so much into books and was very ready to learn new ideas and content. She would always be seen in the library with tons of reading material. For her O levels, she enrolled at the Pretoria Technikon where she pursued music, dance, and theatre. She graduated from the institution in 2002.
Maggie Benedict TV shows and movies
After graduating from college, she landed a role at 7de Laan. This was her first TV show, and she used to pull the role of Lebo. She, later on, got a chance to be part of the cast in Thoroughly Modern Millie. This was a work of art that was done in New York. These acts opened doors for bigger achievements as she has since then featured in several shows including:
- The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency where she played the role of Violet.
- The first season of the Mating Game where she pulled the role of Grace Molele.
- The first season of Lifestyle, a show that she hosted.
- The first season of Hartland where she played the role of Xolile.
- The third season of Hard Copy where she played the role of Noxee.
- The first season of Geramtees in die Kas where she played the role of Bongi van der Merwe.
- The sixth season of Binnelanders where she pulled the role of Zoey Matsekwa.
- The first and second seasons of Ashes to Ashes.
Joining Generations in 2011 was the highlight of her career. She joined the show in October 2011 and blew the minds of her fans on how well she pulled the role of Akhona from Generations. After three years of being in the show and among the most influential characters in Generations, she announced her departure. The news about her departure caught most of her fans by surprise as she was one of the reasons why most of them loved the show.
Maggie Benedict awards
For the time that she has been in the industry, the latter has got the following awards:
- In 2011, she scooped the South African Film and Television Awards Golden Horn award for the best ensemble cast in her role in The Mating Game.
- In 2016, she also won the South African Film and Television Awards Golden Horn as the best-supporting actress in playing her role in Ashes To Ashes.
- In 2017, her role in Ashes to Ashes earned her a positions in the list of the nominees during the South African Film and Television Awards Golden Horn awards.
Besides winning these coveted awards, the latter has featured in some of the admired TV shows like Queen of Katwe. Maggie Benedict The Good Doctor is another TV show that she has featured in and has been the epitome of her career.
Maggie Benedict Instagram
Maggie Benedict's successful career has had so much influence on her fans as portrayed in her Instagram account.
Akhona from Generations bleaches baby
A few months ago, the latter topped the news for claims of bleaching her baby. According to sources, Maggie Benedict, popularly known as Akhona, was arrested after she attempted to bleach her baby. The report indicated that she made the resolve after her then boyfriend, who was white, doubted whether he was the father of the child. When the baby was born, Akhona's white boyfriend was away on work purposes and had instructed that if the baby would be born darker, he would not approve to be his father.
It is alleged that Maggie resolved to apply bleaching chemicals on the baby's skin for more than three days. The chemicals reacted on the baby's skin causing it to peel. She was forced to take the baby to the hospital where she was asked to explain the condition of the kid. She opened up about the bleaching, something that led her to get arrested. Her baby was left in the hospital to undergo medication.
Maggie Benedict is one of the South African icons who have had the best in the industry. The latter has had a very successful life and has made a lot of accomplishments, too much for a thirty-eight-year-old. She is an icon that most South Africans look up to.
- List of hottest South African actresses with pictures
- BINNELANDERS cast: A-Z exhaustive list with pictures 2019
- Pre-weekend vibes: Pearl Thusi is in a mood for a good party
Source: Briefly News