Who is Nico Panagio? Mr Panagio is a South African businessman, actor, and presenter. He is best known for the Nico Panagio 7 de Laan role, where he played the part of George Kyriakis. You may also be familiar with him from his role as Top Billing’s presenter or as the co-owner of the company called Trade Revolution (Pty) Ltd.
Nico is a passionate Christian. He is also a lover of nature, swimming, as well as riding bicycles. From his life, you can tell that he is a hardworking guy who is an inspiration to many. He even has experience delivering new-born babies. So, how old is Panagio? Find out this and more in this detailed life story of Nico Panagio.
Nico Panagio profile summary
- Full name: Nicolaos Panagiotopoulos
- Date of birth: 25th August 1971
- Place of birth: Pretoria, South Africa
- Nico Panagio age: Will be turning 49 years old as of 2020
- Nationality: South African
- Instagram: @nicopanagio
- Twitter: @nicopanagio
- Facebook: @nico.panagio.9
- Relationship status: Married
- Nico Panagio height: 6 feet (1.83 meters)
- Occupation: Businessman, actor, and presenter
- Famous for: For the Nico Panagio 7 de Laan role where he played the part of George Kyriakis
Nico Panagio biography
Nico Panagiotopoulos was born to an immigrant Greek father who came from Elis.
When he was of age and possessed the necessary qualifications, he joined Pretoria Boys High School. When he eventually decided to turn to acting, he joined the Method Actor’s Training Centre and then started his career in acting.
Immediately after high school, Nico joined the South African Navy to complete his military service. While there, he rose to the rank of Captain of his Division. After the military, he did a five-year stint in the corporate world for a chemical manufacturing firm before going back to school to pursue his passion for drama.
Immediately after finishing up at the Method Actor’s Training Centre, Nico had brief roles at Egoli and Generations. Eventually, he landed his big contract with 7 de Laan and later managed to be a member of the Vallei Van Sluiers cast. Away from his famous role, Nico has done a number of theatre productions all over South Africa.
Once his acting kicked in, he also realized that he could be a presenter, so he focused on that. In this line of work, he has managed to attract several clients while perfecting his skills as a master of ceremony. Today, he does events ranging from sports to fashion and has worked for big firms like Volvo, SAB, MTN, Seeff, SABC, Landrover, and ABSA.
Away from acting, he has several other passions as well, which he has pursued avidly. For example, he has completed courses in advanced scuba diving, paramedics, bodyguarding and anti-terrorism. He is currently a brown belt karate ninja with a bit of kickboxing and Muay Thai. He also chairs the non-profit organization called Missing Children SA.
Nico Panagio movies and TV shows
Nico Panagio TV shows, movies, and presenting roles include:
- 2002-2007: 7 de Laan season 1 as George Kyriakis
- 2005: Zone 14 season 2 as Mr Big
- 2008: Ella Blue season 1 as Gabriel 'Bok' Bockelman
- 2010: Susanna van Biljon as Max Joubert
- 2012: Semi-Soet as JP Basson
- 2014: Konfetti as Jean
- 2014: Vrou Soek Boer as Neil
- 2016: The CEO as Riikard
- 2010-present: Nico Panagio Survivor South Africa (season 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7) as the host
- Egoli: Place of Gold season 9 as Tucker
- The Wild season 1 as Jason Parker
- Vallei van Sluiers season 1-4 as Jacques de Bruyn
- Top Billing season 1 as himself
- Erfsondes season 1 as Bruno
- Top Travel season 1 as himself
- Hotel season 4 as Jeff
- Vuil Wasgoed
- The Intern
Nico Panagio awards and nominations
He has received the following nominations:
- 2019 - Golden Horn Award for Best TV Presenter, Survivor South Africa: Philippines
- 2013 - Golden Horn Award for Best Actor in a Feature Film, Semi-Soet
- 2012 - Best Actor at the SAFTAs for the role in Semi-Soet
Nico Panagio family
Who is Nico Panagio married to? The lucky, beautiful Nico Panagio wife is called Christi Panagio. The two are best friends and have been together for 20 years. They are blessed with two Nico en Christi Panagio se kinders (both girls named Eva and Shay) and live in a gorgeous Nico Panagio house in Southern Peninsula, Cape Town. The Panagio daughters are adopted.
The biggest news is that he celebrated his 14th anniversary with his lovely wife just last month. That is an incredible achievement that most people can only dream of, and we congratulate them.
Nico Panagio is a jack of almost all trades. He is a man who loves fun, family, and above all, God. We wish him all the best in his endeavours.