Kenneth Nkosi is a legendary actor that has been part of the South African film industry for over two decades. His talent and humor make him one of the most loved actors in the country. He has featured in a number of movies and television series such as Mad Buddies, Tsosi, Gaz’lam, and others.
It is normal for people to want to know more about their favorite public figure, and Kenneth is no different. Below is a detailed description of his life, family, career, and achievements.
Kenneth Nkosi profile summary
- Full name: Kenneth Mncedisi Nkosi
- Date of birth: 19th June 1973
- Kenneth Nkosi age: 46
- Gender: Male
- Marital status: Married
- Occupation: Actor and producer
- Nationality: South African
- Twitter: @KennyNkosi
- Instagram: @kennethnkosi
How old is Kenneth Nkosi?
He was born in 1973. The actor celebrates his birthday on 19th June. Details about where he was born, where he grew up, and his education are not known to the public.
Kenneth Nkosi marriage and family
He is married and has three daughters. He makes time to be with his children, as seen on the numerous posts on his Instagram page. Kenneth Nkosi wife is not known because he has managed to keep the information out of the public limelight.
Kenneth Nkosi career
The award-winning actor started his career in community theater by joining the Market Theatre Laboratory, Johannesburg, in 1993, where he has made a number of productions. In 1995, he became part of the Johannesburg Civic Theatre’s Afrodizzia comedy. He is also a member of the South African Sports Company as well as the Market Theatre’s field worker.
He has starred in the following television series.
- Gaz’lam Season 3 and 4 (2004 to 2005) as The Pastor
- A Place Called Home Season 1 as a guest star
- Heist Season 1 as Gorgeous Stash
- Boomba &TT Season 1 (2012) as Boomba
- Mzee wa Two Six Season 1 as Kenneth Nkosi. He co-produced this film with Endermol.
- City Ses’la Season 1 as BBB Man
- Room 9 season 1 as Mandlenkosi
- Rockville Season 1 as Minister Masondo
- Zero Tolerance Season 3 as Burns Ncamashe
- The Wild Season 2 as Khaya
- The No.1 Ladies’ Detective Agency Season 1 (2009) as Two Shots Pulani
- Society Season 1 (2007) as Paris
The talented actor has also been part of the cast for a number of movies. The following are some of the best Kenneth Nkosi movies.
- Mad Buddies (2012) as Beast
- Skeem (2011) as Lucas
- Paradise Stop (2011) as Ben Khumalo
- White Wedding (2009) as Elvis
- District 9 (2009) as Thomas
- Gangster’s Paradise: Jerusalema (2008) as Lucas Sithole
- Tsosi (2005) as Aap
- Nothing Mahala
- Five fingers
He has also hosted several television shows as outlined.
- SA’s Kitchen Queens (2014)
- Mzansi Magic and Mzansi Wethu game show Wang Verstana (2013)
- SABC 1 Class Act (2010-2011)
- SABC 2 World Cup show Siyaya (2010)
Kenneth Nkosi achievements and awards
The actor has great talent, and people fall in love with every role he takes on. He has been recognized several times for his contribution to the industry.
Nkosi has won a number of awards, including the following.
- South African Film and Television Awards Golden Horn Award for Best Actor (2010) in White Wedding
- Africa Movie Award (Best Actor)
He has also received several nominations. Some of them are as shown.
- Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (2016) in Ayanda
- South African Film and Television Awards for Best Supporting Actor (2016) in Ayanda and The Mechanic
READ ALSO: Alex Trebek bio: wife, net worth, cancer, family, latest news
Kenneth Nkosi assault charges
He was accused of assaulting a lady at the BlackAnt Lounge in Newtown, Johannesburg. The incident is said to have occurred at 10 pm on Friday, June 7th, 2019, after the woman refused to pay attention to him. The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) later dropped the charges of common assault, stating that the prosecution could not be successful because of a lack of prospects. In an interview with Star back in June 2019, Phindi Mjonondwane had the following to say.
From what I was told, the story was that he was the one who had assaulted someone, but the video showed the opposite. It showed that he was the one who was, in fact, being beaten by some women.
Mosidi Motsau, the woman who claims to have been assaulted by Nkosi, disagreed with the NPA’s decision to let him free and vowed to fight for justice.
READ ALSO: Kenneth Petty bio: Who is Nicki Minaj's husband?
Kenneth Nkosi remains to be one of the greatest South African actors that have led to the global recognition of the country’s entertainment industry. Excellent talent and unwavering focus is a characteristic that has made him remain relevant after over 20 years in the film and theater industry.
- Paul Simon bio, measurements, family, songs, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, net worth
- Tyson Fury bio, age, measurements, family, fights, records, trainer, net worth
- Youngstacpt age, real name, family, songs, albums, profile, net worth
- Mthunzi Namba bio: family, songs, albums, Joyous Celebration