It takes a dream to become who you want to be. It also takes effort, resilience, and a never-quitting attitude to bring the vision to fruition. In most cases, the journey to success is faced with hurdles and setbacks. How you face the mishaps determines the value of the prize. The story of Bubu Mazibuko dissects this theory in the most relatable way possible. You might want to check it out.
The South African entertainment industry has been a platform that has moulded some of the best actors and actresses. Bubu Mazibuko is one of the phenomenon masterpieces that takes pride in being associated with the industry. She has defied the odds and made her name rooted in the industry. Her story is an inspiration that the universe always conspires whenever you make your dreams known.
Bubu Mazibuko profile
- Full name: Bubu Mazibuko
- Date of birth: 13th December 1975
- Nationality: South African
- Marital status: Married
- Profession: Casting director and actress
- Bubu Mazibuko Instagram: bubumazibuko
Bubu Mazibuko biography
Bubu Mazibuko is one of the most successful South African actresses. The light that she radiates in the entertainment industry is unmatched. At her age, she has achieved more than what it would have taken someone else. Do you think her success is by sheer luck, or did her quest for winning influence it? Her biography dissects the aspects of her life that define the icon that she is.
Bubu Mazibuko full name
She was born in 1975 as Bubu Mazibuko in Soweto. At the time of her birth, the country was still going through the effects of apartheid, riots, and conflicts. Because of the situation in the country, her parents had to send her to study at Florence Christian Academy, Swaziland. In 1991, she came back to the country to complete her studies before returning to Swaziland for her matriculation.
Bubu Mazibuko age
She was born on 13th December 1975. Currently, she is forty-four years old.
READ ALSO: Uyajola 9/9's Puleng packs all her things, including the pots
Bubu Mazibuko TV shows
In 1993, she landed an opportunity to study film at the New York Film Academy. However, the worst happened two weeks after she had landed in the states when her sponsor passed on. This situation forced her to drop out of the academy. Nonetheless, she opted to stay in the states and pursue filmmaking and drama.
Despite the hurdles that came her way during her studies, in 1998, Bubu featured in her first film called Desert Diners. Later, she landed another role in a film called Lost and Found. These are the TV shows that she has featured in throughout her life in acting:
- The first and second season of A Place Called Home where she featured as Mihloti
- The first season of Dream World where she played the role of Nobuntu
- The first season of End Game where she featured as Khosi Hlatswayo
- The first season of Entabeni where she pulled the role of Luntu Ntabeni
- The first season of Fallen where she played the role of Thembi
- The first, second, third and fourth seasons of Gaz'lam where she featured as Thuli
- The first season of Hard Copy where she pulled the role of Ayanda Magaba
- The first season of Hillside where she played the role of Nurse Noma Bomela
- The third season of Home Affairs where she featured as Inspector Chakela
- The first season of Hopeville where she pulled the role of Faniswa
- The first season of Intsika where she played the role of Vuyiswa
- The first season of Jozi Streets where she featured as Thato Zikalala
- The third season of Nomzamo where she pulled the role of Pamela
- The second season of Society where she played the role of Mantoa Makgoba
- The tenth season of Soul City where she featured as Beauty
- The fourth season of Stokvel where she pulled the role of Agnes
- The first season of Tshisa where she played the role of Phumla
- The second and third seasons of Yizo Yizo where she featured as Minky
- The first season of Zero Tolerance where she pulled the role of Nomse Baloyi
Bubu Mazibuko movies
Apart from her admirable career that features some of the best-selling TV shows, she has had the chance to be on set with award-winning actors like Idris Elba. She featured in Catch a Fire, a movie that was released in 2006. In this film, she played the role of Betsy. She has also featured in a movie called Man On Ground, which was a selection during the Berlin Film Festival, Dubai Film Festival, Toronto Film Festival, to mention a few.
Bubu Mazibuko nominations
As it has always been said, one good turn deserves another. Bubu's effort in the South African entertainment industry has impacted lives. Not only has inspired many to venture into the field but also bagged a couple of nominations like:
- The South African film & television awards in the best supporting-actress category. This nomination was in honour of her role in Gaz'Lam.
- The Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards in the best lead actress category. This nomination was in honour of her role in Man On Ground.
READ ALSO: Pearl Thusi must fall trends after Pearl defends foreign nationals
Bubu Mazibuko husband
Apart from a commendable career, how do you think the other aspects of her life are? Does she manage to strike a balance between her career and her social life? Interestingly, Bubu has been married for more than four years now. The name of her husband is Langa Masina for more than four years now.
Bubu Mazibuko wedding
The two tied the knot in 2016 in a beautiful wedding ceremony. The bride adorned a gorgeous lace gown and owned the occasion. When Bubu Mazibuko wedding photos made their way to the internet, fans could not help expressing their joy.
Bubu Mazibuko Instagram
Bubu is an interesting lady who is never afraid to express herself. If you wish to have a glimpse of her artistic side, you could check out her Instagram account.
Going through her biography, you can attest that your destiny and the universe can always align if you choose to put in more effort and not look back. Bubu Mazibuko did not have it smooth when she decided to pursue her goals. However, her choice not to quit got her to where she is. Is this not something to emulate?
- Savita Mbuli bio: age, baby daddy, stunning photos, profile
- Beyoncé inspires with her speech to embrace our many differences
- Nandi Madida offers to help Abdul Khoza see his daughter again