Seeing familiar African faces grow and star in Hollywood films is an inspiration to many young upcoming actors across the continent. Tongayi Chirisa has again proven that talent can and will take you to places if you properly work hard for it. He has become a sense of inspiration and a role model to many young people here in Africa and abroad.
Tongayi’s charismatic personality has warmed the hearts of many fans that are evident in his social media following. His continuous work in the film industry has elevated him to stand where he is today.
Tongayi Chirisa profile summary
- Full name: Tongayi Arnold Chirisa
- Place of birth: Zimbabwe
- Date of birth: 8th August 1981
- Age: 38 years
- Gender: Male
- Height: 183cm
- Ethnicity: African
- Nationality: Zimbabwean
- Profession: Actor and singer
- Net worth: $1 million
- Tongayi Chirisa Instagram: @tongayichirisa
READ ALSO: Who is Pharrell's wife, Helen Lasichanh?
Tongayi Chirisa biography
Arnold is a Zimbabwean actor and singer born on 8th August 1981. He studied at Lomagundi College and then relocated to South Africa. While in South Africa, he enrolled in The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance (AFDA), where he studied Bachelor of Arts. Not much is known about his parents or family or most of his personal life since he is known to be a very reserved person. Tongayi Chirisa age is currently 38, and he is aging like fine wine.
Who is Tongayi Chirisa wife?
In late 2018, images of Arnold and Ericka Guitron, a pop artist and an actress, surged the internet. The star and the then-girlfriend did not shy away from the public display of affection on the social media walls. However, the two broke up and moved on, and photos of their romance are no longer on their pages as before. It is currently unknown if Arnold has gone back to the dating scene since no information has been released from his side.
Tongayi Chirisa career
In 2003, he starred in Studio 263, which he worked in until 2005 as Detective Trevor Davies. His role paved the way for other films such as Blood Covenant, Evil in Our Midst, and Cousin Brother. In 2006, he relocated to South Africa, intending to improve his career opportunities. While he was there, he got various opportunities and got roles in Robinson, Skin, Diamonds, and Mrs Mandela.
Arnold got a role in Leon Schuster’s Mr Bones 2: Back from The Past as Hekule The King of Kuvikiland, which made him a household name in South Africa. He almost lost the chance to cast in the film, and he stated,
In 2007, l tried out for Mr Bones 2 but l almost lost it because they said l was too thin. Just as they were about to hire someone else a couple of weeks later l emerged from the gym all pumped up and the rest is history.
In 2009, he flew to Hollywood, and he has gotten roles in major movies and television shows. He is currently based there.
Tongayi Chirisa movies and TV shows
Here are the movies and TV shows that Tongayi has featured in:
Tongayi Chirisa movies
- 2005: Tanyaradzwa
- 2008: Ace of Hearts as Tebsane Masa
- 2008: Zimbabwe as Charles
- 2008: Skin as Township Priest
- 2008: Mr. Bones 2: Back from the Past as Hekule
- 2009: Gargoyle as Themba
- 2011: Geezas as Sammy the Mouth
- 2013: Stand By as Dee
- 2014: Whipping Boy as Olly 'Napalm' Harris
- 2016: Happiness Is a Four-letter Word as Thomas
- 2017: The Zim as William Zimunya
- 2020: Palm Springs as Jerry
- 2020: Antebellum in Post-production
- 2008–2009: Crusoe as Friday
- 2009: Diamonds as Oba Sewele
- 2010: Mrs Mandela as Arguing husband
- 2010: Barack Obama's Cousin as Barack Obama's Cousin
- 2011: NCIS: Los Angeles as Interrogator
- 2012: American Horror Story: Asylum as Miles
- 2012: H+: The Digital Series as African Soldier
- 2013: Sleepy Hollow as Arthur Bernard
- 2013: Gaffigan as Father Nicholas Ngungumbane
- 2015: Whitney as Gary Houston
- 2015–2016: The Jim Gaffigan Show as Father Nicholas
- 2016: Mars Project as Neil Cormack
- 2017–2019: Tongayi Chirisa iZombie as Justin Bell
- 2018: Hawaii Five-0 as Don
- 2018: The Guest Book as Kwame
- 2020: Tongayi Chirisa The Good Doctor as Kerryś Husband
Tongayi Chirisa songs
Tongayi released a music video for Usacheme on 22nd September 2017. The song’s title is a Shona word that translates to don’t cry in English. Joe Njagu, one of Zimbabwe’s famous directors, directed the music video, and the song also features the lovely Tamy.
- National Merit Awards: The best actor at the Film and Television Awards (2004)
- Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards: Nominee Actor in a Drama category (2017)
Tongayi Chirisa net worth
Arnold’s net worth is estimated to be around $1 million. It is safe to say that his work in the entertainment industry is quickly growing his wealth. Tongayi Chirisa height is 183cm or 6 ft.
Tongayi Chirisa gives off the impression of a cheerful and hard-working person who goes for what he wants. He continues to make headlines from his films and inspire the younger generation.