Kid X is rolling on the same level as Casper Nyovest because South Africans cannot get enough of their music. Is he the biggest threat to Casper Nyovest in the music industry of South Africa? The hip-hop star has topped YFM's Hot 9 Hip-Hop thrice consecutively. The award-winning rapper's 2012 hit song BoomShakaLaka put him in the limelight. He released the song in collaboration with Kwesta.
The artist has released many solo and group songs. He has featured with international and local singers like Stogie T, Zoocci Coke Dop, Demi Ma, NOTA, ChianoSky, and Gopzvilla. His poetic lyrics are inspirational and entertaining. In 2020, he has taken his relationship with his girlfriend to the next level.
Kid X profile summary
- Full name: Bonginkosi Mahlangu
- Stage name: Kid X
- Date of birth: 13th October 1988
- Age: 31 years
- Career: Hip-hop artist
- Nationality: South African
- Kid X Instagram: kidxsa
Kid X biography
Kid X age is 31 years. He was born on 13th October 1988 in Caracara, but he grew up in Cullinan, Pretoria. His parents are Florence Baphelile and Sam Mahlangu. He was mentored by Ndebele artist, Esther Mahlangu, and Maskandi's Shwi Nomtekhala. This year, he wished his mother a happy mothers' day on Instagram.
The rapper posted a photo of himself and her and wrote:
A single day in a calendar year is never enough to celebrate your greatness. I love you.
Facts about Kid X that will surprise you
Here are facts about him that you should know:
- He has loved Kwaito his entire life, but he fell in love with hip-hop music genre ten years ago after listening to Eminem's biopic 8 Mile.
- He was inspired to sign up in Cash Time Family by his friend Smashes. He left the recording label in 2014.
- He was also part of AB Crazy.
- The artist looks up to Teargas, Pro Kid, and Proverb.
- The value of this musician's lyrics is estimated to be R10,000 per feature.
- He is not supported or dressed by brands. He picks and buys his clothes from local brands.
- The bucket that he wore, which went viral on the internet, was a gift from Noctem and Baps for him to promote their designs.
- He used a feather pen to write his lyrics for Thank Da King.
- He and KO, the Skhanda Love hitmaker, won the four titles from the Channel O Africa Music Video Awards because of Caracara's song. The awards included the most gifted male, duo, hip-hop artist, and video of the year.
- He shares a brother-like relationship with his mentor, KO, because they are homies. 2020 has been a great year for KO because 5 of his songs were on Top 50 Radio monitor charts.
- He has a crush on Rihanna, the American pop-star, and he has posted pictures of her on his Instagram.
Is Kid X married?
Kid X girlfriend, Dudu Chili, is the lucky woman. In March 2020, the rapper announced on Instagram the good news about their marriage. In their pictures, Didi, the model, wore an African-print dress with a matching doek adorned her head while Kid X went official. He put on a black suit with a white shirt.
His sweet words read:
Changing your last name MAHLANGU.
Dudu also posted the same picture and wrote:
29/02/2020 “Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife and they shall become one flesh” Genesis 2:24.
Kid X albums and songs
South Africa’s first hip-hop museum honored 26 iconic Mzansi artists. The stars who were on the list included Kwesta, Pro Kid, Proverb, and AKA. Although Kid X and KO were not on the list, they are legends in the making.
KO revealed how he has been feeling for a long time. He has been underrated in the South African music industry, and he might be crowned when he is gone. The rapper was justified to feel that way because everyone feels low at some point in their lives, but that does not mean that he was jealous of other artists' success. Here are Kid X's albums:
- Death by Adderall
- Thank Da King
- Balqbuy Music Presents Gqom Wave
- Song About You
- 3 Quarter Pace
Famous Kid X songs
The 2019 Kid X mama ft Thee Legacy is a dedication to his mother. Aunty Kid X ft ChianoSky encourages people to be free by letting go of things that hold them back. The song came out in 2017. In February 2020, Dj Dimplez ft Kid X Jumpamafence music video was released. It tells a story of life in the hood, specifically in the streets of Soweto. To mention a few, other songs from this rapper are:
- Can't Wait
- Mtan 'Omuntu
- Long Way
Beautiful pictures of Kid X's wife
Here, she is without makeup:
She is classy and adorable.
She looks lovely in African attire.
Dudu rocked in white clothes.
Kid X is a hardworking young man, and his talent will take him far. In the music industry, overtaking is allowed; therefore, many South Africans are not surprised that he is soaring higher than some musicians who have been in the industry longer than him.