- The EFF has laid down some tough demands for potential coalition partners following the local government elections
- Following the elections, the EFF is in a 'king maker' position and will be able to choose who runs a municipality based on who they decide to form a coalition with
- The EFF has a series of non-negotiables that they want their potential coalition partners to adhere to
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly News on your News Feed!
PRETORIA - The Economic Freedom Fighters are in a 'king maker' position where they can choose a coalition and at the same decide who will take the majority in a municipality after the local government elections.
The party's central command team met on Friday to discuss its options. The EFF did not win a single municipality but Julius Malema is adamant that the party is growing.
The EFF has a set of seven non-negotiables that it will not budge on. The party will insist that all its coalition partners concede to these seven policies or they will not work with them.
One of these core pillars of the EFF is land expropriation without compensation.
Enjoy reading our stories? Download the BRIEFLY NEWS app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!
The EFF also wants to have complete control of some municipalities and be allowed to appoint senior municipal managers without interference.
Here are some of the EFF's demands:
- Land expropriation without compensation
- Creation of a state bank
- Cancel all student debt
- Creation of a state pharmaceutical company
- The insourcing bill needs to be passed
- The Stem is to be removed from the national anthem
- 24-hour clinics open seven days a week
- Free sanitary towels
- Free water and electricity for SASA beneficiaries
"We're not running a popcorn revolution": Malema says the EFF is growing despite not winning any municipalities
"Maturing like fine wine": Julius Malema trends online after dissing ANC, Mzansi impressed by 'EFF Presser'
The video was live-streamed on YouTube with the title EFF Presser IEC ROC, Tshwane and now Saffas have drawn inspiration from the title and are making the hashtag #EFFPresser famous.
Malema says EFF will not govern soon, hopes for ANC coalition, SA heap criticism
In other news, Briefly News reported that South Africans tended to agree with EFF leader Julius Malema on social media after he expressed that his party will not govern any time soon on the heels of a disastrous display at the local polls.
Malema resolved that his party will not play dirty politics by hurling unfounded criticism at voters for not supporting its vision to govern. Instead, Malema said he will await invitations to join in a coalition movement.
Source: Briefly News