- Birth name: Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar
- Born: 11 October 1992
- Place of birth: Washington Heights, New York City, US
- Nationality: American
- Main activity: Rapper, songwriter, actress
- Musical genre: Hip hop, rap
Cardi B is one of the most influential female rappers of all time, known for her distinct aggressive flow and outspoken lyrics. She gained fame through her videos on social media platforms and later joined the VH1 reality show Love & Hip Hop: New York as a cast member.
Cardi B began her career as an exotic dancer and became popular on Vine and Instagram for her videos. In 2015, she became part of the Love & Hip Hop: New York show, where she shared her musical dreams and personal life. She quit the show after two seasons to pursue her music career.
In 2016, she dropped her first mixtape, Gangsta Bitch Music, Vol. 1, followed by a second volume in 2017. She landed a record deal with Atlantic Records and released her first single, Bodak Yellow, in 2018, which went viral. In 2018, she came out with her first studio album, Invasion of Privacy, which topped the Billboard 200 chart.
Cardi B grew up in The Bronx with her Dominican dad and Trinidadian mom. She has a younger sister called Hennessy Carolina. She went to Renaissance High School for Musical Theater & Technology and later joined Borough of Manhattan Community College but dropped out.
In 2023, Cardi B’s net worth was estimated at $80 million. She earned most of her income from music sales, streaming royalties, touring, endorsements and merchandise sales. She has also appeared in several commercials, films and TV shows.
Some of Cardi B’s numerous awards are:
- American Music Award (AMA) for Favorite Artist - Rap/Hip Hop (2021)
- AMA for Favorite Song - Soul/R&B (2018)
- AMA for Favorite Song - Rap/Hip Hop (2018)
- BET Award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist (2018)
- BET Award for Coca-Cola Viewers’ Choice Award (2018)
- Apple Music Award for Song of the Year (2018)
- Grammy Award for Best Rap Album (2019)
- BET Award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist (2019)
- BET Award for Album of the Year (2019)
- AMA for Favorite Artist - Rap/Hip Hop (2019)
- AMA for Favorite Song - Rap/Hip Hop (2020)
- AMA for Favorite Song - Rap/Hip Hop (2021)
- BET Award for Video of the Year (2021)
- BET Award for Best Collaboration (2021)
Here is a short summary of her dating history:
- Tommy Geez (2014-2016): He was Cardi B’s boyfriend when she started Love & Hip Hop: New York. He was in jail for gun charges while they were together.
- DJ Self (2016): He was Cardi B’s mentor and crush on Love & Hip Hop: New York. They had a conflict over his lack of support for her music career.
- Swift Star (2016): He was Cardi B’s producer and buddy on Love & Hip Hop: New York. They had a quick affair that caused trouble with his girlfriend.
- Offset (2017-present): He is Cardi B’s husband and the dad of her two children. They met at a business event and worked together on the song Lick. They got married in a secret ceremony in 2017.
Cardi B has released two mixtapes, one studio album and several singles as a lead or featured artist. Here are some of her top best singles and albums:
- Gangsta Bitch Music, Vol. 1 (2016)
- Gangsta Bitch Music, Vol. 2 (2017)
- Bodak Yellow (2017)
- Bartier Cardi feat. 21 Savage (2017)
- Finesse (Remix) with Bruno Mars (2018)
- Invasion of Privacy (2018)
- I Like It with Bad Bunny and J Balvin (2018)
- Girls Like You with Maroon 5 (2018)
- Money (2018)
- Please Me with Bruno Mars (2019)
- Press (2019)
- WAP feat. Megan Thee Stallion (2020)
- Up (2021)