- Birth name: Musa Mseleku
- Born: June 9, 1974
- Place of birth: Umzumbe Kwa-Madlala, South Africa
- Nationality: South African
- Main activity: Businessman and reality TV star
Musa Mseleku is a South African businessman and reality TV star who is famous for his polygamous lifestyle. He has four wives with 10 children and stars on the reality show Uthando Nesthembu, which broadcasts on Mzansi Magic every Thursday night. His wives are also the presenters of Ezomshado, a show that assists couples who want to enter into polygamy. Musa is one of South Africa’s richest men and has an estimated net worth of $2 million (R37 million).
Mseleku began his career as a journalist for Durban Youth Radio before joining SABC News. He then worked in community development at Ugu District Municipality, where he was responsible for the rural areas. He also runs the Phiwe Ukufunda programme that helps the needy.
He entered into business and established Mseleku Holdings, a company that has interests in mining, construction, property development, entertainment and media. He also owns a funeral parlour called Mseleku Funeral Services.
He became a reality TV star in 2017 when he launched Uthando Nesthembu, a show that follows his life with his four wives and 10 children. The show became a hit and attracted millions of viewers. He also created a spin-off show called Izingane zeS’thembu, which focuses on the lives of his children.
His career path can be summarised in the following table:
- Journalist (1990s) Worked for Durban Youth Radio and SABC News
- Community Development Officer (2000s) Worked for Ugu District Municipality
- Businessman (2010s) Founded Mseleku Holdings and Mseleku Funeral Services
- Reality TV Star (2018-present) Launched Uthando Nesthembu, Ezomshado and Izingane zeS’thembu
Mseleku has four wives who he married according to the Zulu tradition of paying lobola (bride price). His wives are:
- MaCele (first wife): She is the mother of his first-born son, Mpumelelo. She is also a businesswoman who runs a catering company.
- MaYeni (second wife): She is the mother of his second son, Abongwe, and his daughter, Owami. She is also a businesswoman who runs a beauty salon.
- MaKhumalo (third wife): She is the mother of his third son, Mnini, and his daughter, Obanzi. She is also a businesswoman who runs a poultry farm.
- MaNgwabe (fourth wife): She is the mother of his fourth son, Mawande, and his daughter, Zenande. She is also a businesswoman who runs a clothing boutique.
Mseleku has ten children from his four wives. His children are:
- Mpumelelo (son, 17 years old)
- Abongwe (son, 14 years old)
- Owami (daughter, 7 years old)
- Mpilo (son, 16 years old)
- Mnini (son, 5 years old)
- Obanzi (daughter, 23 months old)
- Mawande (son, 7 years old)
- Zenande (daughter, 2 years old)
- Lwandle (son, 16 years)
- Sne (daughter, 23 years old)