Like it is for most major cities of Africa and the world, real estate is a crucial aspect of development which explains why real estate courses are important. Urban settlement will always be something that many governments, local and national, will always be concerned about. In addition to that, developers will be seeking professional assistance in the management of properties that they invest in. As such, experts in real estate will always come in handy.
The significance of real estate studies cannot be underestimated. The population growth of cities in Africa keeps increasing, and South Africa is no different. As such, there will always be a need for housing, which means that property will always be needed, either for business or residential purposes. Having professionals handle these properties is the only way of guaranteeing smooth business transactions and profitability with convenience for everyone involved.
Different courses on real estate offered in South Africa
Whether you are looking to pursue property management courses in South Africa for personal or commercial reasons, you may want to know which options of study are available for you. It is necessary to establish which courses are marketable especially if your target is to find employment, not to mention study in a reputable institution, which is a plus. Check out the following Real Estate Investment courses in South Africa. These courses will be grouped based on the universities offering them.
1. University of Pretoria
- BSc (Real Estate). This course takes 3 years for the first phase, which must be completed before taking up the second phase. It basically focuses on fixed property where components on property economics, management, development, financing, valuation, investment, and marketing are taught.
- BSc(Hons)( Real Estate). This is the second phase of the real estate course which takes one year. The main focus is on the completion of 240 hours of practical experience.
- MSc degree by research in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, and Real Estate. This course targets professionals such as quantity surveyors, architects, engineers, and related other professionals seeking to further their education.
In case you decide to pursue your Real Estate degree in South Africa, consider Pretoria university as your go-to institution. The BSc Real Estate University of Pretoria requirements include the following:
- Certificate deemed by the University to be equivalent to a Grade 12 certificate that is accepted by the university
- Be a graduate from another tertiary institution
- Be a graduate of another faculty at the University of Pretoria
- Meet the minimum subject and achievement requirements
- Have a valid qualification with admission to degree studies
2. South Africa Real Estate Academy
According to the Real Estate Business School South Africa, professionals can always further their skills and academic prowess by taking the different courses offered. These include:
- Real Estate, NQF Level 4
- Logbook Support for Interns
- Additional license: Logbook Support for Interns
- RPL (FETC: Real Estate, NQF Level 4)
READ ALSO: Top universities in South Africa 2018-2019
3. University of the Witwatersrand Johannesburg
The courses offered include:
- Postgraduate Diploma on Facilities management
- Facilities Management Course
- Management of Distressed Properties
- Applied Macroeconomics
- Construction Economics and Finance
- Construction Law and Contract Management
- Construction Planning and Control
- Facilities Management
- Human Resources Management in Construction
- Management of Organisations and Change
- Project Management
- Quantitative Methods for Property Studies
- Real Estate Finance
- Research Proposal Development
- PGDip PDM - Property Development and Management
- MSC (Building) - Property Development and Management
- PDM Public and Development Management
- MSC Development Planning
- MUS Urban Management
Real Estate development courses are handy courses as far as the economy of any growing nation is concerned. The need for housing is something that will always be present. Whether you decide to take a Diploma in Real Estate or choose to pursue higher qualifications, it is important that you invest in the right institution. Find out which of these institutions in South Africa are useful when looking for short courses, professional courses, or even longer degree or postgraduate courses. Finding the right real estate courses to pursue is important.
- List of all Damelin courses and fees 2019
- List of all TUT courses available in 2019
- All Business Management courses in South Africa 2019