Pallance Dladla is a South African actor known for several TV roles although his largest is arguably the part he plays in the 2019 Netflix drama titled “Shadow”. In the show, he plays the role of Shadrach "Shadow" Khumalo. He is also known for his several awards such as the SAFTA Award as well as having a good run in season two of “Class Act".
Pallance Dladla’s passion for acting started out at an early age. Back in 2010, he wrote a play that was the runner up in the Milk and Bread nationwide DALRO scholarship competition. In the early stages of his career, he was also the winner in the ACT/DALRO/Nedbank Scholarships Development. So, who is Pallance Dlada?
Pallance Dladla profile summary
- Real name: Pallance Dlada
- Date of birth: August 22, 1992
- Place of birth: Johannesburg, Gauteng province, South Africa
- Pallance Dladla age: 27 years old as of 2019
- Nationality: South African
- Pallance Dladla Instagram: @pallancedladla
- Pallance Dladla Facebook: @PallanceD
- Pallance Dladla Twitter: @PallanceDladla
- Pallance Dladla height: 1.6m
- Relationship status: Single
- Occupation: Actor
- Famous for: His role in the 2019 Netflix drama “Shadow”
Pallance Dladla biography
Born in Johannesburg, the actor was raised in Soweto town. His father was not around so he was raised primarily by his grandfather, and according to the actor, his grandpa named him “Pallance” after the actor Jack Palance. Mr. Dladla went to Parktown Boys' High School in Wellington Road close to Park Town Mansion.
In 2011, after his initial acting days, Mr. Dladla while accompanying a friend, in the last minute decided to go national by auditioning in the competition called Class Act. In the competition, which was aired by SABC1, he managed to get to the finals where he lost to the eventual winners. After that, in 2012, Pallance landed a role in 4Play: Sex Tips for Girls - Season 3 that aired on etv as well as a role in “Wild at Heart”.
His career sort of picked up after that since he landed other roles in the following years, such as Sizwe in Intersexions, X in Tempy Pushas (which included his close friend Sdumo Mtshali), Sibusiso in Rhythm City. He is also one of the famous Isibaya actors among other shows.
Eventually, in 2019, he landed a major role on Netflix in the show titled Shadow. The show, which was fully South African, premiered on 8th March this year and was featured by Amanda Du-Pont, Tumie Ngumla, and Khathu Ramabulana.
Who is Pallance Dladla girlfriend?
Back in December 2015, Nomzamo Mbatha and Pallance Dladla went on a holiday alongside other actors, but that was just it. Later in 2016, a tabloids alleged that Simphiwe Ngema and Pallance Dladla were a couple. Fast forward to today, the young, handsome, and talented actor is currently single, which has fuelled rumours that he is gay. However, this has never been confirmed. All that is known about his personal life is that he loves dancing and movies.
Movies and TV shows
The actor’s shows include:
- 2013: Intersexions (Season 2) as Sizwe
- 2013-2015: Tempy Pushas (Season 1&2)
- 2014-Present: Isibaya (Season 1,2,3,4 & 5) as Jabulani Zungu
- 2015-2015: Rhythm City (Season 1) as Sibusiso Vilakazi
- Jozi-H (Season 1) as Clement
- 2016-2017: Is’thunzi (Season 1&2) as Duke
- 2012: 4Play: Sex Tips for Girls (Season 3) as Jimmy
- 2019: Shadow as Shadrach “Shadow” Khumalo
His movies and specific roles include:
- Avenged (2013)
- iNumber Number (2013) - Police officer
- The Message (2015)
- Hard to Get (2014) - TK July
Pallance Dladla awards
Some of the actor's awards include:
- 2010: Best Actor Award of the internationally recognized Scholarship Program.
- Golden Horn Award for Best Supporting Actor in a TV Drama Series
- 2010: Best Original Script Writer for his work in the Award Winning Parktown Boys High Play.
- 2010: Best Actor Award for his work in the Parktown Boys High’s Bread & Milk Play.
Latest news on Pallance Dladla
If you thought that Pallance Dladla Shadow is the only big news this year, then you are mistaken. The Isibaya actor was seen kicking it with the two from US movie industry although it was not clear why exactly he was there. The shy and private actor was seen with Tasha Smith and Garret Morris.
He may be shy and private but you should be sufficiently informed about Pallance Dladla and all the entertainment he has in store for Mzansi. We wish him all the best in life and love.
- DJ Shimza biography: age, real name, songs, mixes, house, and Instagram
- Bryan Habana biography: age, height, speed, wife, family, salary, house and Instagram
- Menzi Ngubane biography: age, daughter, wife, family, wedding, Generations, Isibaya, cars, house and net worth
- Gwede Mantashe biography: age, son, wife, education, house, net worth and contact details
- Eben Etzebeth biography: age, height, arms, wife, wedding, injury, Toulon and high school