Education is one of the weapons that have the highest capability of transforming a nation. For that reason, the South African government has taken a keen interest in ensuring that it brings rise to a civilized country. One strategy that the government is using is coming up with colleges that equip learners with the skill to fit in employment. Buffalo City College is one example of such institutions.
Buffalo City College, popularly known as BCC college is one of the best institutions in the country. Not only is it an accredited college but also an institution that aims at ensuring that it brings up learners who are profitable in the job market. The college has a wide range of programmes that it offers at affordable costs. You might want to check them out.
Buffalo City College application
Are you a prospectus student? If so, going through these details will come in handy.
Buffalo City campuses
Buffalo City Public TVET College is one of the most efficient colleges in East London. The institution has focused on ensuring that it transforms the country into an educated nation. Situated in East London, the institution has set up three other campuses with the aim of ensuring that it makes education more accessible for the different parts of the country. These campuses are:
- St Marks Campus;
- John Knox Bokwe Campus;
- King Street campus.
Buffalo City College courses
The courses at Buffalo City college are divided into three categories: The occupational programmes, the NCV category and the NATED category. Each one of these categories offers a variety of courses that one could enrol in.
The courses offered under this category include:
- Finance, economics and accounting
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- IT and Computer Science
- Office Administration
- Safety in Society
- School of Engineering
- School of Business
NCV courses are known to respond to the demands in the job market perfectly. This, therefore, is the core area of focus that Buffalo City College has. The institution focuses on ensuring that it provides learners with adequate vocational training. It also ensures that it equips them with the necessary practical skills that the learners can simulate to the workplace environment.
These are the courses that are offered under this category:
- Financial management
- Business Management
- Business Studies
- Human Resources
- Human Resource Management
- Public Management
- Management Assistant
- National Diploma in Management
Similar to the NCV courses, the college also aims at ensuring that it maximises on the employability chances of a learner. To achieve that, it aims at equipping the learner with the necessary skills that they will require.
Under this category, this is the course that offered:
- Learnership and Occupational training
Each one of the aforementioned courses has a set of requirements that a learner is expected to meet before they proceed to the application process. For that reason, a student is expected to ensure that they meet the entry requirements before they proceed to the application process.
Buffalo City college application process
To enrol to the institution, one is required to go through the application process. A successful application entails filling in the application form which can be obtained by clicking here. The form will provide you with a couple of fields that you will be required to fill. This is a step by step guide on how to go about the process of filling in the form as well as the details that you will be required to fill in.
- On the top right corner of the form, you will be required to mark the campus that you would like to pursue your course from.
- Next to the campus dialogue box, there is a box where you will be required to attach a photo of your Identification card.
- The next row is a box with the academic period details. Here, you will be required to fill in the year that you will be studying as well as the semester.
- The row below will require you to ascertain where you were a student at Buffalo City TVET College or not.
- The next row will require you to specify your mode of study, whether it is full-time or part-time.
- The section that will follow will require you to select the course that you wish to pursue.
- On to the next section of the form, there is a part that will be labelled 'SECTION A'. For this part, you will be required to fill in your details like your official names, gender, date of birth, identification number, email, home address and postal address. You will also be required to provide details of your address while studying, medical information, the languages that you speak as well as your church affiliations.
- The next section will require you to provide details of your parents. This will include their official names, identification number, address, occupation as well as the date of birth.
- The next section will be labelled 'SECTION B'. It will require you to provide your statistical information. The details that you will be required to provide include your ethnic group details as well as your nationality. You will also be required to give details of your proof of residence.
- The section that will follow is 'SECTION C'. It will require you to provide your employment details. You are required to fill in this section only if you have a history of being employed.
- The section that will follow is labelled 'SECTION D.' This section will require you to provide the details of your secondary education. They include the high schools that you attended and the highest grade that you attained. If you are still in school, you will be required to fill in details of your examination results.
- The next section is 'SECTION E', and it will require you to provide details of your Post grade 12 education.
- The next section is 'SECTION F', and it will require you to give details on whether you have any forms of disabilities.
- 'SECTION G' is the final section of the document. It provides the applicant with a summary of what is required of them as a student of the institution. At the end of the section, one will be required to append their signature. The applicant's parents will also be required to sign at the end of the document to ascertain that they will abide by the requirements of the college.
After ensuring that the correct details have been provided, one can proceed to submit the form alongside the documents that should be presented during the application procedure.
Buffalo City college useful documents
A new student will be required to provide the following documents during the process of application:
- A certified copy of the applicant's Senior Certificate or a certificate of the highest level of education.
- A copy of the applicant's Identity Document.
- Proof of residential address.
International students will be required to present the following documents:
- A certified copy of the applicant's passport.
- Non-RSA qualifications documents. The documents should be evaluated by SAQA before submitting them during the application process.
Buffalo City college fees
Buffalo City college fees depend on the course that a learner is pursuing. Bursaries are also allowed in the institution, although one is expected to present an original letter of confirmation before proceeding with the process of registration. The fees should be deposited to ABSA bank under the account name.
Buffalo City College application process is as simple as that. A prospectus student should be keen during the process to avoid any forms of inconveniences that are likely to arise.