Most parts of the country are currently experiencing hot and sunny days; hence fruits like bananas are going from not so ripe to extremely ripe so fast! What better way to re-purpose these extremely ripe bananas if not by making yummy muffins or bread. The banana bread recipe with oil is one that you ought to try before the end of summer.
Being allergic to dairy products limits most people from consuming most pastries. This narrative has, however, been changed by the banana bread recipe with oil as it does not involve the use of any dairy products. The most advantageous thing about it is that the bread is tasty, moist and fluffy. You might want to know how to prepare it.
A healthy banana bread recipe
Would you like to learn the magic of transforming ingredients into a loaf of tasty banana bread? You might want to master the ultimate moist banana bread recipe as you will be delighted by how delicious the end product will be.
READ ALSO: 12 easy South African desserts recipes
- 2 cups of all-purpose wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 very ripe bananas
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
- In a clean and dry bowl, mash the ripe bananas until you obtain a smooth paste.
- In a different bowl, sift the wheat flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon, and mix them evenly to obtain a uniform mix.
- Using a whisk, beat the two eggs to the mashed bananas until they are well blended. Add the vanilla essence and brown sugar to the mixture and stir to ensure that the sugar granules are evenly distributed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk. The batter will be lumpy so, do not bother to overwork it.
- Grease a nine by the five-inch baking tray and transfer the batter to the tray. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes until when a toothpick is inserted in the middle of the bread comes out dry.
- When the bread is out of the oven, leave it in the baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack and allow it to cool off for another 20 minutes before slicing it. Serve with a cup of tea.
The best banana bread recipe
If you wish to add a little flavour to your loaf of bread, you could try adding a few tasty ingredients like chocolate chips or nuts. Not only is it simple but also one of the best banana bread recipes in the world that you could try out:
- 1 cup of mashed ripe bananas (2 large bananas)
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of mix-ins like chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, fresh banana slices, raisins, chopped dried fruit or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius and grease your oven tray.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and honey until they are well blended. Add the coconut oil in bits as you whisk. Add the mashed bananas and mix. (If the coconut oil solidifies, transfer the bowl to a warmer place for a few seconds).
- Add the cinnamon, salt, vanilla essence and baking soda to the mix and whisk until all the ingredients form a uniform mixture. Add the wheat flour and use a big poon to fold. The batter will be lumpy so that should be a concern.
- Fold in the mix-ins and transfer the batter to the baking tray. Add a hint of cinnamon and run the tip of a knife in a zig-zag pattern on the barter.
- Bake for 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean. (If you did not go in with the mix-ins, the bread would be ready in 55 minutes).
- Allow the bread to cool off in the baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling tray for another 20 minutes before slicing.
A vegan banana bread recipe
If you are vegan and are dying to have a bite of this tasty snack, you could try out the vegan banana loaf recipe South Africa. It does not differ so much from the other methods; only that you do not use eggs.
- 3 large black bananas
- 100g of brown sugar
- 225g of wheat flour (if you are going in with self-rising flour, reduce the baking powder to 2 heaped teaspoons)
- 3 heaped teaspoons of baking powder
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon or mixed spice
- 50g of dried fruit or nuts
- 75ml of vegetable oil or sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing the baking tin
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius and grease the baking tray.
- In a dry bowl, mash the three bananas and mix well with the brown sugar and the vegetable oil or sunflower oil until the wet ingredients are well combined.
- Add the wheat flour, cinnamon or mixed spice and the baking powder in a different bowl. Stir until the dry ingredients are evenly combined.
- Transfer the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Using a big spoon, stir until all the ingredients form a homogeneous mix. Do not worry about the lumps in the batter.
- Fold in the dried fruits to the batter and transfer it to the baking tray.
- Allow it to bake for 20 minutes. Once the bread starts browning, cover it with an aluminium foil and allow it to bake for another 20 minutes. Insert a skewer at the centre of the bread. If it comes out clean, the bread is ready. Transfer it to a cooling tray for 15 minutes before slicing.
These tasty ways on how to make banana loaf can come in handy, especially when you have guests over and would like to take a break from the ordinary meals that you have for breakfast. Peanut butter compliments the loaf perfectly. If you are not a fan of bread, you should consider trying out the banana bread recipe with oil. It might change your perspective.