Nkululeko Leonard Sowazi is among the people behind the driving force of the South African economy. His tremendous efforts in earning revenues have been fruitful. With over 15 years of experience in entrepreneurship, the businessman has managed to emerge as one of the most influential personalities in business management. Here is all you need to know about the business tycoon.
Nkululeko Leonard Sowazi is a South African businessman much known for his expertise in business management. He is the great founder of Tiso Group Ltd, Tiso Foundation, as well as Tiso Blackstar Group Ltd. However, his knowledge does not end there. Over the years, the entrepreneur has managed to head and manage several other companies. Nkululeko Leonard Sowazi's biography reveals that he is very experienced in business management.
Nkululeko Leonard Sowazi profile summary
- Name: Nkululeko Leonard Sowazi
- Nickname: Nkuku
- Date of Birth: April 1963
- Age: 57 years old
- Nationality: South African
- Residence: South Africa
- Ethnicity: Black
- Alma mater: Unites States International University and University of California, Los Angeles
- Occupation: Non-Executive Director
- Marital status: divorced
- Number of children: 2
Nkululeko Leonard Sowazi biography
Business tycoon, Sowazi, was in April 1963 to Vulidlela Themba Sowazi and Eunice Nokuthula Sowazi.
Nkululeko Leonard Sowazi education
Nkululeko Leonard Sowazi is an intellectual. He has attended a couple of institutions of higher learning from where he garnered enough knowledge for his qualifications. Leonard attended the United States International University, where he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree. Later on, to further his studies, he attended the University of California for his Master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning.
Professional career and Qualifications
Apart from founding Tiso Group in 2001, Sowazi is endowed with numerous qualifications. Upon completing his post-graduate degree, Leonard Sowazi embarked on his career journey with enthusiasm.
He has exhibited excellent managerial skills as a member of some of the most prominent organizations in South Africa. He has also gained much knowledge in the field of mining, infrastructure, and financial services.
Nkululeko is currently the Chairman of Indwala Industrial Holdings. The entrepreneur earned his position at the company following his long term experience in leadership. Established in 2004, Idiwala Industrial Holdings Ltd is a chemical processing firm that is involved in the production of industrial minerals. The company exports its products to international destinations, making it among the revenue-earning companies.
He also holds board membership in several other companies including:
- Grindrod Ltd as an Independent Non-Executive Director from 2018
- MTN Group Management Services Pty Ltd as a board member since 2016
- MTN Group Ltd as a board member since 2016
- Housing Development Agency as Chairman
- Kagiso Tiso Holdings as the Chairperson
- Home Loan Guarantee Company as the Chairman
- Financial Markets Trusts as the Chairman
- Litha Healthcare Group as the Non-Executive Director
- Trident Steel as the Director
- BAEL Holdco as the Director
- Housing for HIV as the Director
- Atcom Holdings as the Director
- African Explosives Limited as the Non-Executive Director
Nkululeko Leonard Sowazi former positions
As an experienced investment manager, Nkuku also has a great history of managerial positions in some of South Africa's leading companies, including:
- Former executive chairman at Tiso Group
- Former Non-Executive Director at Exxaro Resources
- Former Non-Executive Chairperson at Tiso Group
- Former Managing Director at Mortgage Indemnity Fund
- Former Executive Deputy Chairman at Africa Bank Investment
- Former Manager at Emira Property Fund
- Former Non-Executive Chairperson at Litha Healthcare Group
- Former Non-Executive Director at Development Bank of South Africa
- Former Non-Executive Director at Strategic Real Estate Managers
Nkululeko Leonard Sowazi net worth
Nkululeko Leonard Sowazi net worth is estimated at R726 million. Because of his massive amount of wealth, Leonard is considered one of the wealthiest entrepreneurs in South Africa. His wealth is mainly due to his high profile in top sectors such as mining, infrastructure, and finance. He has been actively involved in large South African companies both in non-executive and executive capacities.
In addition to his lucrative positions, Nkululeko is a stakeholder in significant companies. The business tycoon owns stakes in the Litha Healthcare Groups as well as Emira Property Fund. Will all these merits, he has managed to appear in the top ten list of the richest black South Africans.
Nkululeko Leonard Sowazi personal life
Nkululeko and his former wife Maud Sowazi got divorced in 2007 following allegations of an extra-marital affair by the then Nkululeko Leonard Sowazi wife. According to The Namibian, Maud Sowazi is speculated to have had an extramarital relationship with then SuperSport United coach Pitso Mosimane. The result of the affair was the end of Nkululeko’s marriage of eight years. By the time of the divorce, the former couple had two children.
The business tycoon Nkululeko Leonard Sowazi is one that is looked up by many. His great accomplishment in South Africa’s finance and industrial sectors has raised his profile into one of the most influential individuals in the country. Nkululeko’s passion for general development is what drives him to deliver the best.