- Birth name: Siyabonga Nene
- Born: 7 April 1986
- Place of birth: Bergville, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Nationality: South African
- Main activity: Rapper, songwriter
- Musical genre: Rap
Big Zulu began his career as a taxi driver before he decided to pursue his passion for music. He took part in the Back to the City rap contest in 2013 and came out as the winner. He then joined Universal Records and released his first single Donsa Nkabi in 2016. He is famous for his Inkabi rap style, which is a mix of Maskandi and hip hop. He raps in his native language IsiZulu and tackles social issues such as poverty, crime and violence. He has worked with other artists such as Cassper Nyovest, Kwesta, Musiholiq and Mnqobi Yazo. He has also appeared on popular South African soapies such as Isibaya, Uzalo and Isithembiso. He has released three albums so far: Ushun Wenkabi (2018), Ungqongqoshe Wongqongqoshe (2019) and Ichwane Lenyoka (2021).
Big Zulu has not revealed much about his dating history and past relationships. However, some sources say that he was once rumored to be involved with Bonang Matheba after a video of them holding hands went viral online. Big Zulu dismissed the rumors and said they were just having a conversation as friends. He also had a previous relationship with a woman who gave birth to his son, Shaka. The identity of the woman is not confirmed, but some sources say that her name might be Bulelwa Nazo.
Big Zulu has two kids. He has a daughter named Melokhule with his girlfriend Lebogang Makenete. He also has a son named Shaka from a previous relationship.
Big Zulu has won several awards for his work in the music industry. Some of them are:
- Best Collaboration at the South African Hip Hop Awards (SAHHA) in 2021 for Mali Eningi (feat. Intaba Yase Dubai & Riky Rick)
- Song of the Year at the South African Hip Hop Awards (SAHHA) in 2020 for Mali Eningi (feat. Intaba Yase Dubai & Riky Rick)