Ms Barbara Creecy is a South African politician. She is the current Minister of Forestry, Fisheries and Environmental Affairs as well as a Member of Parliament of the Republic of South Africa. Barbara has been active in politics since the late 1970s when she was a student at Wits University. For over two decades, she has made one of the best track records a politician can ever make, especially in public policy formulation and implementation.
Barbara has been working for the South African government since 2004. The reason why Barbara Creecy is a great politician is that she stays dedicated to her work. During her tenure in the Finance department, she helped clean up the Treasury, which led to it being recognized for six awards. Know more about the Minister from the following Barbara Creecy bio.
- Full name: Ms Barbara Creecy
- Date of birth: 17th June 1958
- Barbara Creecy age: 62 years as of 2020
- Gender: Female
- Marital status: Divorced
- Nationality: South African
- Occupation: Politician
- Political party: African National Congress (ANC)
Early life and education
Ms Barbara was born on 17th June 1958. She was raised by a single mother in Johannesburg South Africa. Not much is known about Barbara Creecy family.
The minister attended the University of Witwatersrand where she attained an Honours Degree in Political Science. She also went to the University of London where she got a Masters Degree in Public Policy and Management.
Who is Barbara Creecy married to?
The Environmental Affairs Minister is divorced, but details about the former Barbara Creecy husband are not known. She has two children. In an earlier interview, she opened up about how it was challenging to balance between raising her kids and working on her political career.
Ms Creecy serves in the South African government as the Minister of Forestry, Fisheries and Environmental Affairs, a position she assumed on 30th May 2019. She had won the May 2019 general election as a Member of Parliament prior to President Cyril Ramaphosa’s appointment.
In November 2019, she was elected to the position of President of the African Ministerial Conference on the Environment (AMCEN). She is also a member of the National Working Committee and the National Executive Committee. The following are other positions Barbara Creecy has held in the South African government.
- 2014 to 2019: She was appointed MEC for the Gauteng Finance portfolio. Her significant achievement was assisting the Provincial Treasury in supporting departments so that they improve their financial management. In the 2016/2017 financial year, two out of three departments had clean audits, and all other departments got unqualified audit opinions. This achievement led to the recognition of the Treasury at provincial and national levels. In 2016, the Treasury won three awards at the Batho Pele Awards, and in 2017, it won three other awards at the Premier’s Service Excellence Awards.
READ ALSO: Muhammadu Buhari bio: children, spouse, on SARS, education, profile
The life and political career of Ebrahim Patel; South African Minister of Trade, Industry and Competition
Barbara Creecy latest news
As the Minister of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries, she has ensured that her office discharges the relevant duties to the public. On 28 July 2020, Barbara Creecy extended the public comment regarding the producer waste management post the consumer stage of products' life cycle. This is waste that results from the products used by consumers, such as single-use plastics, toys, batteries, electronics, and others. In September 2020, the cabinet approved the National Waste Management Strategy 2020.
Barbara Creecy hunting directives were also issued concerning overnight accommodation as the country slowly opened up following the Covid-19 pandemic. Hunters can now enjoy overnight accommodation but within the province in which they reside. These Biodiversity Sector amendments were made in line with the Ministry of Tourism directives given on 30th July 2020 concerning leisure activities.
READ ALSO: Snowy Khoza bio: age, business, education, contact details
Barbara Creecy contact details
Do you have an issue that you want to convey directly to Ms Creecy? You can contact the Minister in the following ways.
- Tel: 012 310 3537 or 021 464 1500
- Fax: 086 593 6526 or 021 465 3362
- Barbara Creecy twitter: @BarbaraCreecy_
- Barbara Creecy Email: Not available
READ ALSO: Daisy Mtukudzi bio: age, children, partner, wedding photos, songs, speech, latest
Barbara Creecy has been active in South African politics for more than 30 years. During this time, she has ensured that excellent service is delivered to the people. It is always the citizens’ joy to see their politicians working for the common good of the country.
READ ALSO: Tsakani Maluleke bio: age, husband, education, career, qualifications, profile
Briefly.co.za reported the biography of Tsakani Maluleke CA (SA). She has been working in the office of the Auditor-General South Africa since 2012. In 2014, she was appointed the deputy Auditor General, making her the first woman to occupy the position.
On 20th October 2020, the Parliament’s Ad Hoc committee unanimously recommended her for the position of Auditor General. All political parties undividedly decided that she is the best person to handle the country’s public accounts. Winning this post makes her the first female to be in the office.
- Mato Madlala bio: age, children, husband, education, business, pictures, net worth
- Shudufhadzo Musida bio: age, parents, pictures, Miss SA 2020, profile
- Uncle Roland bio: Age, wife, cars, the Blesser, accounts frozen, profile, video, net worth
Source: Briefly News