Ronnie Nyakale is a seasoned South African actor that is best remembered for his role in the 1999 SABC1 drama called Yizo Yizo. His award-winning role as gangster Papa Action propelled him to stardom as he gained popularity over the years. More than that, he is also known for acting in 2006's Blood Diamond as well as Machine Gun Preacher in 2011, not forgetting Dora's Peace in 2016.
Ronnie is an actor that has made a mark in the filming industry of South Africa. He has been around for quite some time now, making it hard for you to miss him. He tends to be one of the major casts in every movie he takes part in. So who exactly is Ronnie Nyakale?
Ronnie Nyakale biography
For an artist such as Ronnie, there is so much about him that may not be open to all. The public, more often than not, gets to know about his career and the things that he chooses to publicize. Even so, there could be a lot more information circulating in different circles hence we need to get it right. This article attempts to do just that. Check out the interesting details about the star below.
Ronnie was born in Soweto. Not much is known about his date or year of birth though. This means that the truth about Ronnie Nyakale age is difficult to ascertain unless he reveals it.
Relationship and family
Is Ronnie Nyakale married? He is married to Lebogang Mashilo and the two have a daughter. He is not very forthcoming with his private life.
Ronnie Nayakale's career
Ronnie is one of the best actors in South Africa. He has worked on various movies including the Rhythm City soapie in which he acted like a gangster by the name Ding Dong. You may also know him as Cosmo generations star. He also starred in Mzansi Magic miniseries Naledi where he acted like Pheto. He is a man that has not had it easy in life because the conditions at the mines where he works are deplorable. He, however, chooses to make the best of the situation by wearing his gloves before tackling the giant stones. Chances are that fans will remember him from the shows mentioned below:
- He was Sylvester in the first and second seasons of 'A Place Called Home'
- He played the role of Inno on the second season of eKasi: Our Stories
- In End Game - Season 1, he played the role of Siya Bacqua
- He was Khaya Ncube in the first season of Fallen
- He was also the famous Cosmo of the first season of Generations
- Ronnie acted as Stone in the first season of iNumber Number
- He was Pheto on the Naledi Season 1 show.
- In the first season of Rhythm City, he acted as Ding-Dong
- He was Mizinga in the 12th season of Silent Witness
- He was Papa Action of season 1 of Yizo Yizo
- He acted as himself on Zaziwa Season 1
- He was Phule in the second season of Zero Tolerance
Apart from the shows mentioned above, Nyakale has also acted in several other movies. These include:
- Dora's peace from 2016 where he acted as Vusi
- The call where he was the customer
- In Avenged he was Captain Stone
- Durban Poison where he was Black man
- In the State of Violence, he acted as strike
- On Jozi, he was the feather duster salesman
- On 2008's Gangster's Paradise: Jerusalema, he acted as Zakes Mbolelo
- He was Digger 1 on Blood Diamond
- He was Vuyo on Transit Cave, a 2001 TV movie
With the examples of shows and movies above, it is easy to see why Ronnie has made a mark in the South African film world. With the number of movies he has been part of, chances are that Ronnie has accumulated enough money to afford a luxurious life that can afford him anything he wants including posh cars and houses.
Ronnie is not so much into the social media space. It is therefore not easy to find a lot of info about him on sites such as Instagram. You can, however, find him on Twitter at @mdunyaro where he shares a lot about what is happening in and around his career. Ronnie Nyakale remains one of the legendary actors worth keeping an eye on.