Baby Cele is a film and television actor from South Africa. Baby is best known for her role in Backstage (on e.TV) where she played the part of Katlego Rathebe for a whole eight years. She is also known for her role as Thandeka in the drama Home Affairs, which airs on SABC1. These are just a few of her appearances because the actress has an impressive career. So, other than being a TV girl, who is Baby Cele?
Baby Cele has been in the acting industry for almost 25 years now, which makes her a legend in her own way. She has seen them come and go, and endured it all to rise to the very top. Challenges have not come from outside but also from within. Personal and external struggles have both shaped this immense personality. That aside, how old is Baby Cele from Uzalo?
Baby Cele profile summary
- Full name: Baby Cele
- Date of birth: March 22nd, 1972
- Place of birth: Durban, South Africa
- Baby Cele age: 47 years old as of 2019
- Nationality: South African
- Baby Cele Instagram: @babescele2
- Baby Cele Facebook: @Baby Cele
- Relationship status: Married
- Occupation: Film and television actor
- Famous for: Playing the role of Katlego Rathebe in the soapie Backstage
Baby Cele biography
As a child, one of the very first movies that Baby remembers watching was Scarface, which may have influenced her future career. She has been driven by hard work and taking care of her child. However, she threatened her own hard work in the 1980's when she did not manage her finances well until her house and car were repossessed. She revealed this during Dinner with Dudu, the dinner conference hosted by Ukhozi FM's Dudu Khoza. Fortunately, she found her feet again.
Baby Cele husband
Baby has been married three times now. Currently, she is married to Thabo Maloka since 2017, and she shared Baby Cele wedding pictures on Instagram. Before that, she was married briefly to Mandla Mabuza, and prior to that, she was married to another man at an early age although she left him because he was abusive.
Baby Cele children
The actor has two children namely Yolisa and Thando Cele who are about 20 years and 9 years respectively.
In her earlier days, Baby was part of a number of stage productions and TV roles. She was so active and good that she received a nomination in 1998 for the Best Supporting Actress after appearing in Not With My Gun. A few years earlier, in 1996, she appeared in Jump the Gun.
Her stage roles have also seen her perform in the stage musical Sarafina!, where she performed for two years on Broadway in the US. Another stage play she appeared in was Cards, which had impressive reviews.
Baby’s modern-day TV roles are already numerous after the 1990's. For example, her popular show Backstage started airing from May 2000 and ran to July 2007. In 2011, she landed the role of Beauty in the show Shreds & Dreams, which was on SABC1. Her latest role came in 2016 when she was cast in Isidingo as Colonel Sibongile “Bongi” Nene.
Baby has appeared in the following shows:
- Ga Re Dumele - Season 5
- Zabalaza - Season 1, 2, and 3
- Ring of Lies – Season 1 and 2
- My perfect family – Season 1 and 2
- I Love South Africa - Season 2
- It's for Life - Season 1
- Saints and Sinners - Season 3
- Isidingo - Season 1
- Uzalo - Season 4
- Home Affairs - Season 4
- Sokhulu & Partners - Season 2
- Shreds and Dreams - Season 1
Baby has the following awards to her name:
- Vita Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
- All Africa Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer
- Golden Horn Award for Best Supporting Actress in a TV Soap (nomination)
- Golden Horn Award for Best Actress in a TV Comedy (nomination)
Baby Cele news
It seems Baby is full of love and praise for her hubby Thabo. Baby Cele Maloka took to social media to thank her husband for the support he has given her since landing her role in Uzalo and she was forced to move to Durban. Long distances are never easy but they are making it work.
Years later, Baby Cele has endured so much to be where she is and she is still going. We can only pray that her work in Uzalo is a success, and we wish her all the best in love and life.
- Masoja Msiza biography: age, home language, children, wife, how men should treat women, poems, songs, albums, cars, and Instagram
- Rachel Kolisi biography: age, maiden name, children, husband, wedding, and Instagram
- Damian de Allende biography: age, measurements, girlfriend, parents, education, current team, stats, salary and Instagram
- Warren Masemola biography: age, wife, wedding, dancing, pictures, Isibaya, The River, nominations, awards, Instagram and net worth