SA Got Talent (SAGT) is part of the Got Talent series. You have watched and loved Britain Got Talent (BGT), America's Got Talent (AGT), East Africa's Got Talent (EAGT), and more. Got Talent, a talent reality television show, was founded by Simon Cowell's SYCOtv in 2005. Its format is almost similar to Idols and X-factor. Fans of BGT and AGT know Simon Cowell as the strictest of all the judges, and he does not mince his words. Got Talent series identifies talents from various disciplines, including singing, comedy, and dancing, and the contestants compete for a lump sum of money.
Mo Mahlangu, aka Tol Ass Mo, presented South Africa's Got Talent in 2009, and eTV aired its first series in the same year under the Rapid Blue production company. Over the years, performances were recorded and aired weekly, but the semi-finals and the finals were broadcast live. From 2009 to 2014, the prize was R250,000, and it was increased to R500,000. What would you do if you won R500,000? The show will be aired on eTV TVand SABC2 from October, and the registrations for the auditions are on.
SA Got Talent auditions 2020
You might be the next SAGT superstar! Ndlovu Choir rocked on America's Got Talent.
How do you apply to audition on SA Got Talent?
Here is the application process for SAGT:
- Send an email to email@example.com or call 083 913-1120 and follow the instructions that the voice behind the call will give you to apply for the auditions.
- The registered applicants will be informed regarding the date, time, and venue for their auditions.
- Provide your email address or fax number for you to receive an entry form.
- Complete the entry form before your scheduled audition and present it at the venue of the auditions.
SA Got Talent auditions 2020 instructions
Some applicants have been denied chances in the past because of mistakes they made in the application process.
Please read the SAGT application instructions so that you take precautions. Here are a few of those instructions:
- Rapid Blue and eTV do not answer any applicants whose details are inaccurate, incomplete, or incorrect.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parents and guardians who have signed the application form.
- The judges make the final decision, and no correspondence will be addressed.
- Terms and conditions apply.
Facts about SA Got Talent: What happens from the auditions to the final stage of the contest?
- The auditions take place before audiences and judges in different cities across South Africa.
- When the judges disapprove of the performance, they press a buzzer which turns on a red X near them, and if all of them push their buzzers, the person has to stop the act.
- Two judges must consent to the performance, with a "Yes," for one to continue to the second round. If not, the person is dropped from the contest.
- The judges pick 200 successful acts, but the best 21 progress to the next levels. The competitors are informed whether they qualify for the semi-finals or not.
- A contestant who gets the golden buzzer proceeds to the semi-finals automatically, but the judges can press it only once in a series. The first participant to get the golden buzzer was Henno William in Episode 3, Season 6.
- The contestant who receives the highest number of public votes at the semi-finals level goes to the last level.
- The judges choose between the second and third most popular acts, according to the votes from the public, to also proceed to the final level. At the same time, the other contestants are eliminated from the competition.
SA Got Talent judges and winners
Here are the judges and winners of SAGT's past series:
- 2009-2010: Shado Twala, Randal Abrahams, and Ian Von Memerty
- 2012-2013: Shado Twala, Kabelo Mabalane, and Ian Von Memerty
- 2014-2015: Shado Twala, DJ Fresh and Lalla Hirayama
- 2016-2018: Shado Twala, DJ Fresh and Jamie Bartlett
Who are the SA Got Talent winners?
- 2018: Siphokazi, a singer
- 2017: AnecNote, an acapella singing group
- 2016: Kryptonite Dance Academy, a dance team
- 2015: DJ Arch JNR, a kid DJ
- 2014: Tholwana Mohale, a singer
- 2013: Johnny Apple, a singer
- 2012: Botlhale Boikanyo, a kid poet
- 2010: James Bhemgee, a singer
- 2009: Darren Rajbal, a singer
SA Got Talent dancers who wowed the audience
You are allowed to perform solo and group dances. Dance Krumpers, Nichole, and her dance crew, Ethan and Ciara, Nan Hua Dancers, and Justone, swept the audience and the judges off their feet in 2017.
The 2016 winners, Kryptonite Dance Academy team named Centurion, were the best thing that happened on the show. South Africans find their performance worth re-watching over and over again on YouTube years after the 2016 series.
SA Got Talent hosts
- 2009-2010: Rob van Vuuren and Anele Mdoda
- 2012-2015: Tats Nkonzo
- 2016-2018: Mongezi "Mo" Mahlangu
Here are the answers to the frequently asked questions by the SAGT fans:
How do I get into SA Got Talent 2020?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 083 913-1120 and follow the instructions concerning the application of the auditions.
- You will be notified of the date, time, and venue of your audition once your application goes through.
- Provide your email address or fax number to receive the entry form that must be filled and presented on your day of the audition.
- Please read the SA Got Talent instructions before you fill the entry form.
Who won SA Got Talent 2017?
AnecNote was an acapella group of five singers, two ladies, and three men. The beatboxer, Daniel Nambassi, was amazing, and the team's dance moves were well coordinated.
Who won SA Got Talent 2018?
Siphokazi, a girl with a beautiful chocolate complexion and cute freckles, pulled an outstanding performance that got the audience in tears. Her sweet voice was all they needed.
When is SA Got Talent starting?
The show will be broadcasted on SABC2 from October. Applications for auditions are in progress.
SA Got Talent has empowered many uprising South African artists. Apply for auditions and encourage others to apply today because this might be the only shot at success for you.