Cole Alexander is a professional South African footballer best known for playing with the Indian club Odisha FC in the midfielder position. Besides, he is a reliable player in both the left and right midfield positions. The player is an icon with a good legacy in different teams.
Cole is a Premier Soccer League star who has been shining in the sports scenes because he is a valuable player. Alexander's steady rising to the status of a notorious central midfielder is particularly notable. Playing in the ABSA Premiership for club Bidvest Wits has sharpened his skills and highlighted his potential in the game.
Cole Alexander profile summary
- Full name: Cole Alexander
- Date of birth: July 9th, 1989
- Place of birth: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- Cole Alexander age: 31 years old as of 2020
- Zodiac sign: Cancerian
- Nationality: South African
- Cole Alexander Instagram: @colo_alexander25
- Occupation: Footballer
- Relationship status: Married
- Famous for: Playing the central midfielder position for Bidvest Wits FC
Cole Alexander biography
Alexander grew up in the Lentegeur neighborhood, Mitchells Plain, Cape Town. He started his education at Lantana Primary before proceeding to the Golden Groove Primary School. Alexander later joined the Wynberg-based Witteborne High School. The young and talented Alexander shares an in-depth life story for which he brags a clean footballing record.
Cole Alexander measurements
He is a medium height number six player measuring 1.77 m or 5 feet 9 1⁄2 inches. His youthfulness and medium weight complement the success of his career.
The footballer developed an interest in football when he was barely five years. He later started his youth career at Leeds Lentegeur, from where he graduated to several other teams. Some of these include Santos, Seven Stars, Hellenic, and the renowned Ajax Cape Town Juniors.
Alexander moved to Hellenic at an age of ten, where he played until his first professional footballing gig came knocking in 2008. Becoming a player in Ajax Cape Town propelled his career journey. He has since played with several teams on his way to success. His career, in brief, will interest you.
- 2020– present: Odisha FC (2-year deal.)
- 2018–2020: Bidvest Wits (57 apps, 4 goals)
- 2016–2018: SuperSport United (9 apps, 2 goals)
- 2014–2016: Polokwane City (52 apps, 4 goals)
- 2012–2013: Chippa United (loan) (10 apps)
- 2010–2011: Vasco da Gama (loan) 4 apps)
- 2008–2014: Ajax Cape Town (43 apps)
Alexander is appreciative of all the teams that shaped his career in the path of success. The star is yet to play international games but has already taken part in cross-border tournaments. Some of the states that have seen him play include England, Germany, Netherland, Egypt, and the United States. He openly admires playing for famous clubs, such as Liverpool and Manchester United.
Cole Alexander Bidvest
In 2018, Alex moved from Supersport Utd to Bidvest Wits FC at a transfer market value of €250Th. He played with the team for a couple of years until recently, when he signed a new contract with Odisha FC at €600Th. Cole Alexander new team Odisha FC is enthusiastic about his transfer.
Cole Alexander Odisha FC
Stuart Baxter, the head coach at Odisha, was the first to welcome Alexander to his players' squad. He could not contain his excitement of receiving new energy and colleague from Bafana Bafana. It is the first time that a South African is playing in the Indian Super League, the highest level of football in India.
Cole Alexander stats
- DStv Premiership: 205 appearances
- Telkom Knockout: 11 appearances
- MTN8: 8 appearances
- Nedbank Cup: 7 appearances
- CAF Confederation Cup: 5 appearances
Cole Alexander transfer values
Recent stats indicate that his current market value is €525Th. His highest ever record stands at €750Th as of February 14th, 2020. Here is the breakdown.
- 2020/21: Bidvest Wits FC– Odisha: €600th (free transfer)
- 2017/18: Supersport Utd – Bidvest Wits FC: €250th (free transfer)
- 2016/17: Polokwane City – Supersport Utd: €400th (free transfer)
- 2014/15: Ajax Cape Town – Polokwane City: €200th
- 2012/13: Chippa United – Ajax Cape Town: €125th (end of loan)
- 2012/13: Ajax Cape Town – Chippa United: €125th (loan)
- 2010/11: Vasco Da Gama – Ajax Cape Town: €125th (end of loan)
- 2010/11: Ajax Cape Town – Vasco Da Gama: €100th (loan)
- 2018/09: Ajax CT Youth – Ajax Cape Town
- 2014/15: Hellenic FC – Ajax CT Youth
Cole Alexander wife
The player is a son-in-law to his Ajax Cape Town coach, Duncan Crowie. Back in the day, the professional trainer did not know that he was mentoring his son-in-law. On the other hand, marrying the daughter of his coach never occurred in the mind of Cole in his early years.
How did it begin? The 31-year-old has recounted the move as both scary and overwhelming. Cole recalls pretending to visit her Wade, Duncan Crowies son, to conceal a deep love interest towards Jaime Crowie. The couple walked down the aisle in March 2019 and celebrated their first anniversary early this year at Midrand, Gauteng.
Cole Alexander net worth
A long-standing career of more than twelve years has scooped Cole a fortune. His wealth has been rising alongside his market value. Sources estimate Alexander's net worth at about R6 million. Much of his stinking wealth comes from his paycheck and endorsements.
Cole Alexander news
Fans have been dragging Alexander into the spotlight for ditching Bidvest Wits FC. Many are happy about his career move to join Odisha FC. Even so, Cole Alexander latest news seems to circle the irreplaceable gap that he left at Bidvest Wits FC.
Cole Alexander is one of the lucky South African football players who are doing well. His uprising to the rank of an accomplished central mid-fielder is nothing less of hard work and luck. We wish him all the best in his endeavours.
Briefly.co.za published exciting facts on Philippe Troussier. He is a former French professional footballer, currently in management. He is famous across Africa for his ability to have an eye for talented youngsters and turning them into superstars.
Philippe Omar Troussier was born on 21st March 1955, making him 65 years old as of 2020. He is of French and Ivorian nationality and believes in the Islamic religion. This year, the former Bafana Bafana defender Mark Fish referred to him as an idiot.