Are you done with your grade twelve and are looking forward to joining an institution of higher education learning? If so, the country is richly invested in education and has a wide variety of institutions that you could enrol in. They range from technical colleges to universities. Richfield College is one of the top-notch schools to enrol in.
South Africa takes pride in being home to some of the most reliable and best institutions of higher learning. The country also has one of the best education systems on the continent. The system not only attracts learners in the country, but those in other African countries take the pleasure of studying in the country. Richfield College is one of the institutions that the country takes pride in being home to. It has a variety of levels that one can enrol for. To add to it, it also has several courses that a prospective student can choose from.
Is Richfield a private college?
Richfield graduate institute of technology, popularly known to many as a college started back in the '90s as a business college and PC training centre. As it established itself in the country and took root in most parts of the country, it got registered under the Further Education and Training Colleges Act, 2006, and the Higher Education Act, 1997. It registered as a Private Further and Higher Education and Training Provider.
Have you been asking yourself, 'Is Richfield a college or university?' If that is the case, the institution has been accredited by Umalusi, the Council on Higher Education (CHE), and some of the SETAs. On top of it, it is offering services that are aligned with the Quality Council on Trades and Occupations (QCTO).
Richfield College courses
Do you wish to be part of the Richfield institute of technology and are wondering what courses the institution offers, the list will come in handy. The institution is equipped to offer National FET Certificate, Higher Certificate, Advanced Certificate, Diploma and Degree programs.
At each one of the educational levels, the institution offers different courses. The list of Richfield courses and their minimum entry requirements will determine the program that a prospective student will be admitted to. So far, the courses have been divided into seven different faculties. These are the faculties in Richfield graduate institute and the courses that are offered under each one of them.
1. Faculty of Public Management and Local Government
The minimum entry requirements to programs offered in this faculty are:
- National Senior Certificate, either a Diploma or a Degree, National Certificate, with the right combination of subjects.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- The minimum age requirement is twenty-three years.
These are the programs that are offered under this faculty:
- Bachelor of Public Management
- Diploma Local Government Management
- Higher Certificate Local Government Management
- Higher Certificate Recognition of Prior Learning (RPLA) Activities
2. Faculty of Commerce and Faculty of Leadership and Business Administration
This is one of the oldest faculties in the school. For one to be admitted for any o the programs in his faculty, one is expected to meet the following requirements;
- Any form of recognition of former learning.
- Further Education and Training (FET) NQF Level 4. The minimum age of the applicant is twenty-three years, according to the regulations of the Higher Education Regulations.
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) and a Higher Certificate, boosted by the appropriate subjects.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a backing degree, accompanied by the appropriate subjects.
- National Certificate Vocational (NCV) at NQF Level 4, accompanied by the appropriate subjects.
Having met the above-mentioned requirements, one qualifies for the following courses:
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Higher Certificate in Business Administration
- Higher Certificate in Office Administration
3. Faculty of Emerging Technologies
The entry requirements for courses under this program are;
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- National Senior Certificate with an endorsement for admission to a Diploma and /or Degree.
- A National Certificate Vocational (NCV) at NQF Level 4, with the necessary subject combinations. The minimum age requirement is twenty-three years old.
These courses are:
- Higher Certificate in Computer Forensics
- Advanced Certificate in Information Technology Governance
- Advanced Certificate in Information Security
4. Faculty of Information Technology
The entry requirements of the courses offered in this faculty are:
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Mature age exception of twenty-three years.
- For A Level Students Pass in 2 subjects, whereas or O Level Students who have passed 12th class, or an equivalent A level examination, or a technical diploma after Secondary School Certificate with Maths and English in of the Secondary Education system.
- African National Senior Certificate or an endorsement for admission to a Degree backed up by a pass in Mathematics and one Science subject.
These are the programmes offered under this faculty:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Higher Certificate in Information Technology
5. Faculty of Postgraduate Studies
The entry requirement for the faculty of postgraduate program is A Bachelor’s degree, Advanced Diploma or equivalent NQF7 qualification. Experience in management will be an added advantage.
These are the programmes that are offered in this faculty:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science Honours in Information Technology
These are the courses that one can enrol in and study them in the distance mode:
- Higher Certificate in Information Technology (1 year)
- Higher Certificate in Systems Engineering (1 year)
- Higher Certificate in Business Administration (1 year)
- Higher Certificate in Local Government Management (1 year)
- Higher Certificate in RPL Activities (1 year)
- Higher Certificate in Computer Forensics (1 year)
- Advanced Certificate in Information Technology (1 year)
- Diploma in Computer Applications (3 years)
- Diploma in Local Government Management (3 Year)
- Diploma in Information Technology (3 years)
- Diploma in Business Administration (3 years)
- Bachelor of Commerce (3 years)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (3 years)
- Bachelor of Public Management (3 years)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (3 years)
Richfield College short courses
There are new Richfield College short learning courses.
1. Free online Microsoft Office courses
- Microsoft Office Word 2016 Beginner
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2016 Beginner
- Microsoft Office Excel 2016 Beginner
- Microsoft Office Internet Explorer and Outlook Beginner
2. Curated Skilled Courses
You can choose from 70 curated skills-focussed short courses to get the knowledge that will be helpful in the workplace. Each of these courses costs R199.
- Personal Skills Courses
- Leadership Courses
- Business Orientated Courses
- CRM Courses
- Sales Courses
- Entrepreneurial Courses
- Work Place Health and Safety Courses
- Event Planning Courses
- Digital Marketing Courses
- Life Coaching Courses
- Personal Assistant and Office Administration
- Public Speaking Courses
You can find out more information about the courses from Richfield College prospectus 2021 and the student fees booklet. If you wish to further your education by being part of this awesome institution, you can reach out for inquiries through the following details:
- Postal address: Richfield Graduate Institute of Technology, 292 Anton Lembede Street, Durban
- Telephone number: 0861 321 321
- Whatsapp number: 0823 321 321
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: richfield.ac.za
- Twitter: @thisisrichfield
- Facebook: @thisisrichfield
Richfield College is one of the institutions that South Africa takes pride in. It offers a wide variety of courses in different faculties. If you were thinking about going back to school, you should consider joining the school.