Anna Mart van der Merwe is one of the most familiar faces that one cannot fail to notice, especially in the South African entertainment industry. The latter is an award-winning actress who has played the lead role in most of the South African soapies. You might want to know more about her.
Anna Mart van der Merwe has built a commendable acting career, as she has featured in more than thirty shows. One of the most common TV series that she has been a part of is 7de Laan. Here is more information about her career and the different roles she has pulled.
Anna Mart van der Merwe acting career
Anna Mart van der Merwe has built a commendable acting career as she has featured in most of the local shows and TV series. One of the most common TV series that she has been a part of is 7de Laan. How about unveiling more details about her acting career?
READ ALSO: 7de Laan actors: exhaustive A-Z list 2019
Anna Mart Van der Merwe TV shows
Before she started making appearances on TV, Anna trained at the University of Cape Town. A couple of years later, she landed a job in production. She worked with the-then Performing Arts Council of the Transvaal. Some of the projects that she was part of include Boo to the Moon, Women of Troy, and Four Play.
Anna Mart van der Merwe shows
Anna has risen to fame as a result of the different leading roles that she has played in the TV shows that she has featured in. These are the TV roles that have contributed to her career in theatre arts:
- The first season of 7deLaan where she pulled the role of Christelle Terreblanche
- The first and second seasons of Amalia where she featured as Sanet Visser
- The first season of Die Boland Moorde where she pulled the role of Elise
- The first and second seasons of Die Sonkring where she featured as Maryna du Plessis
- The first season of Erfsondes where she featured as Elizabeth
- The first season of Konings where she played the role of Rika Groenewald
- The eighth season of Soul City where she pulled the role of Joan Birchett
- The first season of Onder Draai Die Duiwel Rond where she featured as Brenda le Roux
- The first season of Tydelik Terminaal where she played the role of Julie Harrison
- The first season of Torings where she pulled the role of Rika Groenewald
Apart from the TV shows mentioned above, she has also featured in the following TV series and shows:
- Feast of the Uninvited
- The Long Run
- Desert Diners
- Hagenheim: Streng Privaat
- The Syndicate
- Taxi to Soweto
Her most recent project is called Poppie Nongena, which is an award-winning movie whose trailer bagged twelve awards during the Silwerskerm Film Festival. In the film, she plays the role of Antoinette Swanepoel. The movie is set to come out on 31st January 2020.
Anna Mart van der Merwe awards
Anna has been in the industry for more than three decades now. All this time, she has groomed her career in the acting industry and boasts of being an award-winning icon. The most recent and most significant award that she won is the Golden Horn Award for the category of Best Supporting Actress in a TV Soap.
Needless to say that Anna Mart van der Merwe is one of the South African icons who are the pride of the entertainment industry. If you have not had a taste of her style, you might want to catch up on her latest project once it is released.