Zimbabwean TikToker Ndoyisile Sibindi Breaks Silence on South African Asylum Application Reports
- Zimbabwean influencer Ndoyisile Sibindi took to TikTok Stories to address rumours swirling around him
- Sibindi's response came after reports emerged that he had filed an asylum application in South Africa
- The influencer's lawyer reportedly argued that Zimbabwe's stance on same-sex relationships put Sibindi at risk
PAY ATTENTION: Mark Briefly News as a preferred source, and our content will appear higher in your Google feed!

Source: Facebook
Zimbabwean influencer Ndoyisile Ndumiso Sibindi has broken his silence, addressing the wave of speculation that followed reports of his asylum application in South Africa. In a TikTok Stories post shared on Thursday, 20 August 2026, Sibindi made it clear that while he rarely responds to online chatter, this time he had something to say.
The post came after reports surfaced that Sibindi had filed for asylum in South Africa, with his legal team reportedly arguing that Zimbabwe's position on same-sex relationships placed him at risk of persecution should he be forced to return home. The claims sparked a heated debate on X, with South Africans divided over the timing of the application and the country's immigration enforcement in general.
Ndumiso Sibindi responds to asylum reports
Rather than diving into the legal details, Sibindi kept his response measured and pointed.
PAY ATTENTION: You can now search for all your favourite news and topics on Briefly News.
"You guys know that I don't address anything anymore; I just ignore," he wrote, before shifting tone.
The social media star, who previously auditioned for a popular SABC 3 lifestyle show, then challenged people discussing his situation to provide evidence for their claims and identify the lawyers they were referring to.
"If you are going to say something about me, at least have the evidence to back it up. If you speak about my lawyers, do name them too so that people know of them," he further said.
He went on to describe a pattern of false claims that he said he had chosen to endure in silence.
"For the longest time, a lot of things have been said about me which are untrue, and I just keep quiet," he added.
Despite the pressure, Sibindi said his focus remains on personal growth. He wrote:
"I'm in a peaceful era where I'm focusing on building myself and chasing my dreams. Watch and be inspired, not to watch and think just because I posted my finger, you now know my whole life."
The Blind Leading the Blind
Sibindi closed his post with a sharp observation about the spread of misinformation, mixing English with isiZulu.
"What's funny is how misinformed these people are, and just because the rest are desperate for umgosi, they will believe it," he wrote, using the Zulu word for gossip.
He ended with a proverb: "impumputhe zikhombana indlela" — the blind leading the blind.
His response comes as the reported asylum application continues to fuel discussion around immigration in South Africa, particularly amid ongoing debates about who qualifies to remain in the country and under what circumstances.
Read Ndoyisile Sibindi’s full response below:

Source: TikTok
Ndoyisile Sibindi reveals how much he pays for rent in Cape Town
Meanwhile, Briefly News previously reported that Zimbabwean influencer Ndoyisile Sibindi shared a vlog-style TikTok documenting his move to a new Cape Town rental on 20 July 2026.
Ndoyisile revealed how much he pays a month for a fully furnished apartment, noting prices are higher than in Gauteng.
PAY ATTENTION: Follow Briefly News on Twitter and never miss the hottest topics! Find us at @brieflyza!
Source: Briefly News


