AKA is a rapper, singer, songwriter, businessperson, and record producer from Mzansi. The top rapper has some sleek and smooth rhymes that make him one of the best South African hip hop artists of his time. His career started back in 2002 when he was with a group called Entity. When the group split, he did some learning and later went solo to tremendous success as shown by his awards.
What's aka real name? Born Kiernan Jarryd Forbes, AKA has now managed to release at least 10 albums to his name and it does not seem like he is stopping anytime soon. Other names for the rapper are Supa Mega and King Forbes. True to his nicknames, he has interacted with rap legends like Burna Boy and managed to release an album that is now certified Platinum. Who is AKA rapper? Here are some interesting details about his life story.
How old is AKA? Where was AKA born? What nationality is AKA? For a celebrity of his caliber, you will definitely want to know these and more interesting facts about his life.
- Born: January 28th, 1988, in Cape Town, South Africa
- Age: Turned 31 years old in 2019
- Origin: South Africa
- Marital status: Single
- Occupation: Rapper, singer, songwriter, businessperson, and record producer
- Famous for: Having two albums certified Platinum and one being certified Gold. He has also won at least five South African Music Awards in different categories
- AKA net worth: $12 million
- AKA Facebook: @akaworldwide
- AKA Twitter: @akaworldwide
- AKA Instagram: akaworldwide
What high school did AKA attend? The rapper, who has some humble beginnings, first went to Holy Cross Convent in Cape Town while staying with his grandmother before switching to Greenside Primary school after moving to Johannesburg to live with his mother. Afterwards, he joined St John’s College.
As a child, AKA was raised by his grandmother in Mitchell's Plain, and in 1995, he moved to Jo'burg to stay with his mother, Lynn Forbes. The renowned global rapper also has a daughter with DJ Zinhle. The daughter’s name is Kairo Owethu Forbes, and she was born in July 2015.
AKA (rapper) has been known to go for famous ladies in the industry. Other than his baby's mama, DJ Zinhle, AKA and Bonang Matheba or Queen B were an item and appeared to be a power couple of sorts. AKA actually introduced Bonang to his parents back in 2016. They have had their drama over time, and it was reported that the two broke up in 2018.
AKA net worth
What is AKA net worth? The rapper's real net worth of $12 million has been accumulated through his multiple ventures. Aside from the above-listed accusations, he is also a brand ambassador for companies like Reebok.
Back in 2015, when he was expecting his daughter Kairo, AKA got himself a luxurious mansion. When he called it quits with his baby's mama, he got another mansion.
He parks at least two known German monsters in his garage that are worth R2.6 million. One of them is a BMW i8 while the other is a BMW X6.
It was in high school that the rapper came together with his friends to form Entity, which released songs like Touch N Go and was nominated for an award in the 2005 KORA Awards. The group disbanded in 2006, which is when he went to school to study sound engineering. Together with two others in 2007, AKA started the production group called The I.V. League. It was there that he worked with the likes of PRO, Psyfo, Jub Jub, Proverb, and other notable fellows.
His solo music career began in 2009 with his song called Victory Lap, which got him an award from Channel O. From there, he has been lighting up Africa because it is without a doubt that this guy can sing. He has also opened the stage for legends like Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar, and Rick Ross, among others. He also signed with Sony recently in 2014 while one of his albums, Levels, attained gold status. His albums include the following.
- Levels (2014) – Certified Gold and Platinum
- Taking Chancez (2017)
- Attention Deficit (2018)
- La maladie de la haine (2010)
- Be Careful What You Wish For (2017)
- Altar Ego (2011)
- Slave To The Sound (2004)
- Down To Earth (2017)
- Sex Hot (2018)
- And so It Begins (2011)
- Touch My Blood (2018) - Certified Platinum
His list of impressive songs includes the following.
- Caiphus Song
- Sim Dope
- All eyes on me
- Run Jozi
- Special Fi Mi
- The world is ours
- All I know
- One Time
- Badai Bulan Desember
- I Want it all
- Daddy issues
- Victory Lap
- Dunia Buram
- Crazy Joe
- Eyes on me remix
- Let me show you
- Do what you like
- Darkest hour
- Puber Kedua
- Only One Man
- Rep your city
- Skip Away
His awards include:
- Best Hit Single: 15th Metro FM Music Awards for the song ‘Baddest’ – 2016
- Best Male Artist: 21st South African Music Awards for his song ‘Levels’ – 2014
- Most Digital Sales: 4th South African Hip Hop Awards – 2015
- Song of the Year: 4th South African Hip Hop Awards for the song Baddest and Anatii - 2015
- Video of the year: 4th South African Hip Hop Awards for the song Anatii – 2015
- Best Male Southern Africa: African Muzik Magazine Awards - 2014
- Best Collaboration: African Muzik Magazine Awards -2014
- Most Valuable artist: 4th South African Hip Hop Awards - 2015
- Best Collaboration: 15th Metro FM Music Awards for the song ‘Baddest’ – 2016
- Best Male Artist: the 18th South African Music Awards for the song Altar Ego - 2012
- Best Collaboration for the song ‘Anatii’: 4th South African Hip Hop Awards - 2015:
- Best Collaboration: MTV Africa Music Awards – 2014
AKA latest news
In recent AKA news, it seems that the pop musician does not know how to help. This, at least, is according to the rapper who feels people always talk when he helps. Needless to say, they do not talk in a good way. However, he found a way to help KwaZulu-Natal residents who got affected by floods.
With all the details above, you can confidently say that AKA is someone that you know. Next time you hear your friends talk about AKA, you will not be left hanging because you have a detailed understanding of who he is.
- Nomzamo Mbatha biography: age, boyfriend, mother, sister and career
- Dali Mpofu Biography: Age, Children, Wife, House, Awards, Net Worth and Political Career
- Natasha Thahane biography: age, baby, boyfriend, parents and photos
- Khanyi Mbau biography: age, siblings, daughter, brother, dresses, cars, house and net worth
- Ayanda Dlodlo biography: son, cars, husband, qualifications, political career and pictures