Pat Priest is a celebrated American television actress. She is widely recognized as Marilyn Munster, a role that she played in a 1960s television series titled The Munsters. Pat was in the showbiz scene for over five decades before calling it quits. How much can you tell about her, though?
Pat Priest came into the limelight in 1954 after becoming the first International Azalea Queen. Also, her mother was an influential political figure in the US between 1953 and 1974. In other words, she was a star from an early age.
Pat Priest profile summary
- Full name: Patricia Ann Priest
- Date of birth: 15th August 1936
- Place of birth: Bountiful, Utah, USA
- Age: 84 years old (as of 2020)
- Zodiac sign: Leo
- Occupation: Actress, model
- Parents: Ivy Baker Priest (mother), Roy Priest (father), Sidney Stevens (stepfather)
- Kids: Two
- Pat Priest height: 5' 6" (1.68 m)
- Nationality: American
Pat Priest biography
The Munsters actress was born on 15th August 1936 in Bountiful, Utah, in the USA. She is the daughter of Roy Fletcher and Ivy Baker Priest. Pat Priest parents were influential, especially her mother.
Pat had a smooth childhood experience because of her family background while growing up. She has three siblings whose names are Peggy Louise, Nancy Ellen, and Roy Baker Priest. Unlike her, there is little about them in the public domain.
Her mother is a former Treasurer who served in the administration of Dwight D. Eisenhower, 34th president of the USA.
On the other hand, Pat Priest father was a wholesale furniture dealer. Sadly, he passed away on 10th June 1959 at the age of 75. Similarly, her mother succumbed to cancer on 23rd June 1975 at the age of 70.
How old is Pat Priest?
Pat Priest age is 84 as of 2020, and she celebrates her birthday on 15th August.
According to Pat Priest IMDb profile, she stands at 5 feet 6 inches, which can be translated to 1.68 m. On the other hand, she weighs 60 kg.
She attended Washington-Lee High School, which is based in Arlington. Pat is also an alumna of Marjorie Webster Junior College.
READ ALSO: Spencer Grammer bio: parents, age, husband, Rick and Morty, latest news
Marital life and motherhood
Pat has been married twice. On 20th August 1955, she was married to Pierce Andrew Jensen Jr. Unfortunately, the two had troubles with their marriage, forcing them to part ways. Their divorce was finalized on 4th March 1967.
Several years later, she found love again in one Frederick Hansing, and they have been happily married since 1981.
The actress is not only a wife but also a mother, and she has two sons. The two were born from her first marriage with Pierce Jensen Andrew Jr. The names of Pat Priest children are Lance Jensen and Pierce Jensen III.
The 84-year-old has, undoubtedly, built an enviable career. However, it was not a smooth journey, as some people may perceive. It all started when she ventured into a beauty contest that saw her being crowned the very first International Azalea Queen.
Later, she received several invitations to feature in notable TV shows and movies. Also, she started interacting with big names in the industry, such as Elvis Presley, Fred Gwynne, and Beverly Owen. For instance, the Pat Priest Elvis combination is among the best things that ever happened on American television.
The actress has appeared in several TV shows. Some of them earned her worthy nominations. Here is a list of some of the popular ones:
- The Lieutenant (1963) - Diane/Waitress
- The Jack Benny Program (1964) - 1st Dancer
- Valentine's Day (1964) - Lola
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (1964) - Karen Joyce Pennell
- Wendy and Me (1964) - Betty Allison
- Dr Kildare (1964) - Student Nurse
- My Favorite Martian (1964) Della Darwell
- Death Valley Days (1964 – 1965) - Nora Jackson/Nancy
- The Munsters (1964 – 1966) - Marilyn Munster
READ ALSO: Jennifer Garner bio: kids, net worth, movies, age, dating history
- Perry Mason (1964 – 1966) - Norman Fenn/Sally Young
- The Lucy Show (1966) - Stewardess
- Mannix (1967) - Louise Carter
- Run for Your Life (1968) - Susan
- The Red Skelton Hour (1966 – 1968) - Tessie Torso
- Ironside (1969) - Goldie
- The Virginian (1969) - Mary Lou
- Bewitched (1969 – 1970) - Ruthie Campbell / Nurse / Mrs Goodall
- Mission: Impossible (1971) - Kathrine Berat
- Run, Joe, Run (1974) - Grace Gilbert
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1976) - Lila Nivens
Pat Priest movies
Pat Priest and Elvis Presley performances were commendable in Easy Come, Easy Go. The movie is a favourite of many to date. Unlike TV shows, she has a few movie credits. They include:
- Easy Come, Easy Go (1967) - Dina Bishop
- The Incredible 2-Headed Transplant (1971) - Linda
- Some Call It Loving (1973) - Carnival Nurse
- Here Come the Munsters (1975) - Restaurant Guest
What happened to Pat Priest? She retired from the showbiz industry.
Frequently asked questions
What else would you love to know about the American celebrated actress? Here are the answers to the most frequently searched things about her on the internet. They include:
Why did Pat Priest leave The Munsters?
The actress left the comedy sitcom in 1966 after it was cancelled by CBS network. Her role was awarded to Debbie Watson in the film Munster, Go Home! The movie was based on the original sitcom. In other words, unlike Beverly, her exit from the show was not voluntary.
How much is Pat Priest worth?
She used to pocket $750 per week while starring in The Munsters. Also, she was paid $5000 for her role in The Incredible 2-Headed Transplant. According to Celebrity Net Worth, Pat Priest net worth is estimated to be $3 million.
Is Marilyn from The Munsters still alive?
Remember, the show had two actresses who portrayed the character. The first one was Beverly Owen, who left in season one, episode 13. The second one was Pat Priest, who took over the role of Beverly. Sadly, Beverly (1st Marilyn) is the one who succumbed to ovarian cancer at the age of 81.
Pat Priest is, indeed, one of the few notable American actresses. Despite her wealthy family background, she worked hard to build a name for herself. She has achieved everything she ever dreamed of while growing up.
READ ALSO: Snowy Khoza bio: age, business, education, contact details
Briefly.co.za recently put together an exciting biography of Snowy Khoza, who is a South African entrepreneur. The 62-year old is an alumna of the University of South Africa, Brandeis University, USA, University of South Africa, and the University of Fort Hare.
In 2014, Snowy was among the three ladies named as the Most Influential Women in Africa by CEO Global. She has also been honoured with several other worthy awards because of her empowerment programs.
- Interesting facts about Minka Kelly, Trevor Noah's current girlfriend
- Angie Janu bio: children, career, pictures
- Chelsea Kilgore bio: age, children, spouse, career, pictures, profile, net worth