Winona Ryder is an award-winning Hollywood actress and producer best known for starring in the Netflix horror series Stranger Things (2016 to date) as Joyce Byers. She was at the height of her career in the 1990s after starring in lead roles in a number of commercially successful films. In 2010, she was honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Winona Ryder's net worth in 2022 is a reflection of her thriving Hollywood career.
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly News on your News Feed!
The Stranger Things actress has received media attention several times in the past for various reasons. In the early 1990s, her high-profile relationship with actor Johnny Depp was highly publicized, and later in the early 2000s, she was arrested for shoplifting. Her "real" marriage with Keanu Reeves also continues to fascinate fans.
Winona Ryder's profile summary and bio
- Real name: Winona Laura Horowitz
- Date of birth: 29th October 1971
- Age: 50 years old in 2021
- Place of birth: Winona, Minnesota, US
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Jewish
- Winona Ryder's height: 5 feet 3 inches (1.61 m)
- Gender: Female
- Sexual orientation: Straight
- Relationship status: Dating
- Partner: Scott Mackinlay Hahn (from 2011 to date)
- Parents: Michael D. Horowitz and Cynthia Palmer
- Siblings: Three
- Education: American Conservatory Theater
- Profession: Actress, producer
- Years active: 1986 to date
- Facebook: @WinonaRyder
- Winona Ryder's Instagram: No official account
- Net worth: About $18 million in 2022
PAY ATTENTION: Never miss breaking news – join Briefly News' Telegram channel!
Winona Ryder's age and early life
The renowned actress was born on 29th October 1971 in Winona, Minnesota, US, and is 50 years old in 2022. Her father, Michael Horowitz, works as an author and publisher, while her mother, Cynthia Palmer, is an author, video editor and producer.
The actress has Jewish roots from her father's side, but her family has different religious beliefs. Her mother is Buddhist, her dad is an atheist, and she is Jewish. Ryder has three siblings, including her younger brother Urie and two half-siblings from her mother's side.
Winona Ryder's husband
The Edward Scissorhands actress is yet to walk down the aisle but has been in a long-term relationship with Scott Mackinlay Hahn from 2011 to date. In the early 1990s, the actress was in a high-profile relationship with actor Johnny Depp after starring together in the 1990 film Edward Scissorhands.
They dated for three years, from 1990 to 1993, and Depp even had a tattoo that read Winona forever, which now reads Wino forever. After Winona Ryder and Johnny Depp's break up, she dated singer Dave Pirner until 1996 and was later in a relationship with Matt Damon.
Did Keanu Reeves date Winona Ryder?
Are Winona and Keanu married? The actors have been friends for over 25 years and have starred in multiple films together. Despite being close, Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves have never had a romantic off-screen relationship. However, they often call themselves husband and wife after marrying in 1992's Bram Stoker's Dracula film. A real Romanian priest presided over the wedding, so they consider themselves married in the eyes of God.
Does Winona Ryder have a child?
The Edward Scissorhands actress does not have kids in real life despite taking on mother roles in films. She opened up about her decision to remain childless despite the opinions people might have about her.
Winona Ryder's career
Ryder made her acting debut in 1986 on the film Lucas, in which she starred as Rina. She proceeded to star in 1987's Square Dance as Gemma Dillard and in 1988's Beetlejuice as Lydia Deetz. Her Hollywood prominence rose in the 1990s after appearing in several commercially successful films. After starring in 2002's Mr Deeds, she took a break from acting after being involved in a shoplifting incident and made a comeback in the mid-2000s.
- The Plot Against America (2020) as Evelyn Finkel
- Stranger Things (2016 to date) as Joyce Byers
- Experimenter (2015) as Sasha Menkin
- Frankenweenie (2012) as the voice of Elsa Van Helsing
- The Iceman (2012) as Deborah Kuklinski
- Black Swan (2010) as Beth Maclntyre/The Dying Swan
- Star Trek (2009) as Amanda Grayson
- Girl, Interrupted (1999) as Susanna Kaysen
- Celebrity (1998) as Nola
- Alien Resurrection (1997) as Annalee Call
- The Crucible (1996) as Abigail Williams
- Little Women (1994) as Josephine Jo March
- Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) as Wilhelmina Mina Murray
- Edward Scissorhands (1990) as Kim Boggs opposite Johnny Depp
- Mermaids (1990) as Charlotte Flax
- Heathers (1989) as Veronica
Winona Ryder's awards
Winona Ryder is often described as a beautiful and intelligent actress, and her diverse talent has not gone unnoticed. She is the recipient of 75 nominations and 25 film awards, including a Screen Actors Guild Award and a Golden Globe Award.
Is Winona Ryder a millionaire?
The actress is a millionaire after starring in several successful films. Winona Ryder's net worth in 2022 is estimated at $18 million. She owns homes in Hollywood and Beverly Hills and an apartment in New York City.
How much does Winona Ryder get paid?
The actress currently earns $350,000 from a single episode of the Stranger Things series. She was initially paid $100,000 for starring in a single episode during the first two seasons.
Winona Ryder is a great actress whose talent and beauty will forever remain a part of Hollywood. She is undoubtedly one of the best actresses of her generation.
Briefly.co.za published intriguing facts about the Hollywood actor Johnny Depp. He is best known for his portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean film franchise.
The actor was once the most sought-after film star, but his career has been marred by the damaging legal battle with Amber Heard. The actress accused Depp of domestic abuse.
Source: Briefly News