- Full name: Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter
- Born: 4 September 1981
- Place of birth: Houston, Texas, US
- Nationality: American
- Main activity: Singer, songwriter and businesswoman
- Musical genre: R&B, pop, hip hop
Beyoncé is a leading figure in pop culture who has influenced her generation with her artistry and vocal talents. She rose to fame as part of the girl group Destiny’s Child and then pursued a solo career that earned her many accolades and fans. She is also renowned for her visual albums, such as Beyoncé (2013) and Lemonade (2016). She has won 32 Grammy Awards, becoming the most-awarded artist ever.
Beyoncé started singing in various talent shows as a kid. She joined forces with Kelly Rowland and LaTavia Roberson in 1990 to form Destiny’s Child. Michelle Williams joined the band later. The group became one of the most successful girl groups of all time. In 2003, Beyoncé launched her solo career.
Beyoncé continued to release successful solo albums. She also ventured into acting, starring in films such as Austin Powers: Goldmember (2002), Dreamgirls (2006), Cadillac Records (2008) and The Lion King (2019).
In 2013, Beyoncé shocked the world by dropping her self-titled visual album without any warning. In 2016, she released another visual album, Lemonade.
In 2018, Beyoncé teamed up with her husband Jay-Z on their joint album Everything Is Love, which was released under the name The Carters. In 2019, she produced the soundtrack for the live-action remake of The Lion King.
In 2022, Beyoncé released her seventh solo studio album Renaissance, which was inspired by LGBT culture and dance music.
Beyoncé has three children with Jay-Z:
- Blue Ivy Carter (7 January 2012)
- Rumi Carter (13 June 2017)
- Sir Carter (13 June 2017)
Beyoncé’s family members include:
- Mathew Knowles (father)
- Tina Lawson (mother)
- Solange Knowles (sister)
- Bianca Lawson (stepsister)
- Julez Smith (nephew)
According to Forbes, Beyoncé’s net worth as of June 2023 was $540 million.
- Beyoncé has won numerous awards throughout her career. Some of them are:
- She has won 32 Grammy Awards, making her the highest Grammy-winning artist of all time.
- She has won 29 MTV Video Music Awards, more than any other artist in history.
- She has won 25 NAACP Image Awards, the most for any singer.
- She has won 36 BET Awards, the most for any female artist.
- She has won 21 Soul Train Music Awards, the most for any R&B artist.
Beyoncé is confirmed to have dated two people before Jay-Z:
- Lyndall Locke: He was Beyoncé’s first love, whom she dated intermittently from 1993 to 2003. He was unfaithful to her and they split up when she started spending time with Jay-Z.
- Marques Houston: He allegedly met Beyonce when they were 16. They reconnected in 2001 when he starred in Destiny’s Child’s Survivor video, but their relationship didn’t last long.
Here are Beyoncé’s top releases:
- Crazy in Love (feat. Jay-Z) (2003)
- Baby Boy (feat. Sean Paul) (2003)
- Check on It (feat. Slim Thug) (2005)
- Beautiful Liar (with Shakira) (2007)
- Irreplaceable (2008)
- If I Were a Boy (2008)
- Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) (2008)
- Halo (2008)
- Run the World (Girls) (2011)
- Best Thing I Never Had (2011)
- Drunk in Love (feat. Jay-Z) (2013)
- Partition (2013)
- Flawless Remix (feat. Nicki Minaj) (2014)
- Formation (2016)
- Sorry (2016)
- Hold Up (2016)
- Break My Soul (2022)
- Dangerously in Love (2003)
- B’Day (2006)
- I Am… Sasha Fierce (2008)
- 4 (2011)
- Beyoncé (2013)
- Lemonade (2016)
- Renaissance (2022)