Music is of the utmost importance when it comes to having fun and creating that spectacular ambience for your wedding. You know you want some fun at your party, and the music needs to suit the occasion. Great music is something you cannot go without, and in this article, we will help you decide on the most popular wedding songs for your special day.
Amid all of the planning you have to do, you may be asking questions like, ‘What are the most romantic wedding songs?’ or ‘What are the most requested wedding reception songs?’ or even, ‘What songs are played at weddings?’ Don't worry; we have many lists for you to choose from.
We take a look at the top 30 playlists and many other wedding song lists. There is a top 10 African playlist with the best Zulu wedding songs, old wedding songs, and much more. We want to help you make your choices easy and fun.
Even though music is very personal and everyone has their own taste, we decided to give you a list of our best wedding songs. These songs are timeless and hold their appeal every time.
In this article, you will learn about:
- Classic wedding songs
- The #1 wedding song
- The best wedding dance songs
- African and Zulu songs for weddings
- What are the best songs for a wedding 2020?
- Gospel songs for weddings
- Classic top 10 list and ultimate top 30 list and much more
From the entrance to vows and procession, you are bound to find many famous musical masterpieces in our article. Keep reading to find out more.
The best wedding songs 2020
We have something for every phase of this glorious day, parading the top 100 wedding songs of all time. Browse through our 2020 wedding playlist to get some inspiration for your playlists.
- Thinking out loud – Ed Sheeran
- All of me – John Legend
- A thousand years – Christina Perri
- Marry you - Bruno Mars
- Mi Casa - Your Body
- Can’t help falling in love - Elvis
- You are the best thing - Ray Lamontagne
- Grow old with me - Tom Odell
- The one - Kodaline
- Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
You may be asking, ‘What are the best songs for a wedding? or ‘What are the most popular songs played at weddings?’ Well, search no more because we have the perfect list for you right here.
The ultimate Top 30 list
It is time to have a look at our top 30 list; a collection of all the best. Sung by legends, they are constant favourites for your special occasion.
- The way you look tonight - Frank Sinatra
- Isn’t she lovely - Stevie Wonder
- Kiss from a rose - Seal
- Wedding songs - Peter, Paul, and Mary
- There is love - Noel Paul Stookey
- You make my dreams - Hall and Oates
- Marry me - Train
- I’m yours - Jason Mraz
- From this moment - Shania Twain
- All you need is love - The Beatles
- Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
- New world in the morning - Roger Whittaker
- The Luckiest – Ben Folds
- You’ve got love – Florence and the Machine
- Stand by me – Florence And The Machine
- Take my hand – Emily Hackett ft Will Anderson
- Somewhere over the rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- You’re still the one – Shania Twain
- You and I – John Legend
- La vie en rose – Daniela Andrade
- Can you feel the love tonight – Elton John
- Baby, I’m yours – Arctic Monkeys
- Ain’t no mountain high enough – Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell
- I knew I loved you – Savage Garden
- Into my arms – Nick Cave, The Bad Seeds
- Marry me – Train
- Your song – Elton John
- Kiss me – Sixpence None The Richer
- Perfect - Ed Sheeran
- At last - Etta James
There are many different ways to support your local musicians during a pandemic. You can buy their merch and music online, make donations, or attend virtual shows.
Wedding songs dance
Fire on some energetic beats and get lost in dancing to the best soundtracks. But, what are some good dancing wedding songs? See some samples of great beats and decide which ones are the best.
- I Gotta Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas
- Downtown - Lady Antebellum
- Selena Gomez - Come Get It
- Bruno Mars - Finesse (Remix) (feat. Cardi B)
- Justin Timberlake - Can't stop the feeling!
- Calvin Harris - This Is What You Came For
- Usher - OMG ft. will.i.am
- will.i.am - Scream 'n Shout
- Selena Gomez - Marshmello - Wolves
- David Guetta ft Justin Bieber - 2U
What are the top 10 wedding songs of all time with a classic note?
Now that you have taken a look at our top 30 list, we discuss the most classic wedding songs, which are still winners to this day.
- Sonny and Cher - I Got You Babe
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Elvis Presley - Love Me Tender
- Gladys Knight and The Pips - Midnight Train to Georgia
- Deep Purple - Smoke on Water
- Billy Joel - Piano Man
- Donna Summer - I Feel Love
- Aerosmith - Sweet Emotion
- The Eagles - Hotel California
- Louis Armstrong - What a wonderful world
Popular Top 10 African wedding songs
Music is among the essential items on the wedding checklist. This is because music adds flavour and beauty to each activity.
A perfect compilation during the most important day of your life. This collection is guaranteed to get everyone moving.
- Mi Casa - Jika
- Thando Iwam - Marry me - Bojo Mujo ft Tequila
- Aheri - Nina Ogot
- Amu - Since I Met You
- Mmatswale - Malaika
- Baba Nomama - Sesimfumene
- Jigi Jigi - Willy Paul (wedding songs Swahili)
- Kukere - Iyanya
- P-Square ft. Rick Ross - Onyinye
- I’m in Love - Harry Song
Wedding songs gospel
It is a beautiful thing to walk down the aisle to gospel music. See some uber amazing classical pieces below.
- Beethoven - Ode to Joy
- Händel Messiah - Hallelujah Chorus
- Hans Zimmer - Tennessee
- Johann Sebastian Bach - Pachelbel’s Cannon
- George Frideric Handel - Sarabande
- Moriah Peters - I’ll Wait For You
- Dave Barnes - God Gave Me You
- Anthem Lights - Give Me A Lifetime
- Michael W. Smith - For You
- Bebo Norman - A Page Turned
We have listed timeless musical pieces, perfect for all stages of the day. But, what is the #1 musical masterpiece? We believe it has to be, Mi Casa - Mamela.
A brilliant work of art from this local band with whom Briefly.co.za caught up with recently.
This couple is always reminding us that true love exists and can be found right here in South Africa. J'Something has written many songs for his wife.