Of all the telecommunications companies operating within South Africa, MTN has impressive internet packages for its customers. Communication in today’s world relies heavily on the social networks, and it makes sense that forward-looking telecommunication companies would shift their attention away from call offers and become more aggressive in offering data programs that help their customers stay in touch via social media. The company has introduced many Internet offers to this effect, and their latest is the MTN WhatsApp bundle.
As you continue reading, you will find all the details you need regarding this great offer for WhatsApp users in South Africa. Based on the fair costs of this offer, you cannot complain about not getting value for your money. Learn how to get the data, the price, and the validity period for each offer.
Does MTN have a WhatsApp bundle?
Yes, the company currently has a WhatsApp bundle. The good thing is, getting the offer is quite easy when you are already a subscriber. Below are the details on the specific plans that are available and how to subscribe.
How do I subscribe for WhatsApp bundle on MTN?
As mentioned, it is easy for existing customers to get on board by simply using the MTN WhatsApp bundle USSD code. To subscribe, follow these steps:
- Press *142#
- You will be presented with a short list of options
The data plans which will be available include the following:
- 50MB Daily for R8
- 50MB/ Weekly for R10
- 1GB 2 Weeks for R110
- 1OOMB for 30 Days for R29
The above steps are straightforward. So, if you are wondering how to buy WhatsApp monthly bundle, the answer is to follow the same steps and then choose the monthly option.
The amount will be deducted from your credit depending on the option you have chosen and the schedule.
READ ALSO: Best MTN contracts 2019
How to unsubscribe from the MTN WhatsApp data subscription
- To unsubscribe from the plan, or to deactivate the subscription, you will have to dial *141*5#
- This brings you a list of all the premium subscriptions that you have made. You can choose the one you want to exit at this point.
- You will receive a message notifying you that your opt-out from the plan was successful.
The cost of MTN WhatsApp Bundles
The amazing thing about MTN data bundles is that they cater to your airtime situation. Here is a breakdown of the amount that you will have to pay for each of the plans listed above:
- Daily - 50MB for R2
- Weekly - 250MB for R10
- 20 Days- 1GB for R30
There are also other plans that allow you to access not only WhatsApp but also other sites such as Facebook, WeChat, Eskimi and 2Go. Here:
- The Facebook daily plan will cost you R5 for 100MB, R20 weekly for 500MB and 1GB monthly for R50
- The Twitter regular data offer is 100MB for R5, while the weekly plan is 500MB for R20
That is how simple it is to subscribe to and enjoy social bundles. The amazing thing is that with the reliable coverage that enjoys across the country, you will not have connectivity issues.
READ ALSO: Cheapest WiFi packages in South Africa 2019
Other MTN social bundles
Other social plans that customers can enjoy include the following:
- Daily 100 MB at R5 for use across all social media networks
- Weekly 500MB at R20 to use across all networks
- The monthly 1GB at R50 to use across all networks
Other contract plans
There are several other contract plans that MTN offers. They include the following:
- Made for me small-50 minutes, 50 SMS and 350MBs of data
- Made for me medium-150 minutes, 100 SMS, and 1GB of Data
- Made for me Large-200 minutes, 100 SMS, and 2GB of Data
- Made for me X-Large-300 minutes, 100 SMS and 5.5 GB data
After reading about all the necessary details about the MTN WhatsApp bundle, you have no reason to be the odd one out. The pocket-friendly costs are why most customers are already enjoying this service. Also, keep in mind that MTN gives its customers a reliable internet connection throughout South Africa. So, you will not have to worry about poor connectivity.
READ ALSO: How to send a Please Call Me on MTN network