Thato Moeng is a South African brand ambassador, journalist, voice-over artist, host, and presenter whose focus is both in the studio and field football. She is best known as one of the talented Supersport female presenters. In fact, in 2017, during the FIFA Confederations Cup, she was among the Supersport presenters who hosted the competition. She has also hosted the World Cup.
The gorgeous and talented journalist went into the hugely-dominated sporting world, unlike most women, and she has fought her way to the top. The sports industry is her passion, and her biggest dream is to own a football club. Along the way, she also encourages women to venture into the male-dominated sporting world and try it out. So, who exactly is Thato Moeng? This exciting life story of Thato will give you a bigger picture of who she is.
Thato Moeng profile summary
- Full name: Thato Moeng Sibiya
- Date of birth: April 25th, 1986
- Thato Moeng place of birth: Pretoria North, South Africa
- Thato Moeng age: 34 years old as of 2020
- Nationality: South African
- Thato Moeng Instagram: @thatomoeng
- Twitter: @ThatoMoeng
- Thato Moeng Facebook: @thato.moeng.509
- Relationship status: Married
- Occupation: Brand ambassador, journalist, voice-over artist, host, and presenter
- Famous for: Being a football host on Supersport
Thato Moeng biography
Growing up, Thato was always drawn to sports, mainly because of the inspiration from her father. However, despite that love, she never really had a desire to get into sports. Instead, she dreamt of becoming a political journalist. Even when she got a sports gig, she was still unconvinced until she started seeing some incredibly positive results.
Mrs. Sibiya went to the Tshwane University of Technology between 2006 and 2010. She studied Journalism.
The presenter started her career back at YFM, as an intern, and then after a couple of years she moved to 5FM, thus becoming the station’s first black and female sports presenter. She worked at 5FM from 2011 till 2014. However, before that, in 2010, she auditioned for a new sports show at SuperSport, and that is how she started hosting Thursday Night Live with Robert Marawa until 2019. She also admires Cynthia Chaka.
At some point in her career, she the hosted Thato Moeng YO-TV sports show. In 2018, she landed another contract with Vision View Sports Radio, which is in Johannesburg, as the host of two shows, Morning Flow and NFD. Just like with Supersport, the contract is still running. She admires Cynthia Chaka.
Thato Moeng husband
Is Thato Moeng still married? Sorry guys, the gorgeous presenter is off the market. She got married on December 22nd, 2016 to boyfriend Dumisani Sibiya. Mrs. Sibiya shared the beautiful wedding pictures on her Instagram account in early 2017. Dumisani Sibiya and Thato Moeng are blessed with a daughter. They seem to be a happy family, so there is no Thato Moeng divorce.
In a recent interview with GSport, the presenter said that the state of women’s sport in SA has improved a lot. However, she feels that there is more work to be done. Further, she hailed sponsors who have stepped in to assist women’s sport.
Thato Moeng, one of the renowned female Supersport presenters, made her way into sports at a time when men dominated the sector. However, she managed to surmount the challenges coming her way and has made it to the point where her name inspires millions. We wish her all the best in her career and family life.
- Bongani Bingwa age, children, wife, wedding, education, career and Instagram
- Zola Nombona biography: age, sister, Robert Marawa, songs, nominations, awards, education, TV shows, movies and Instagram
- Katlego Maboe biography: age, children,TV shows, nominations, awards and Instagram
- 15 Liesl Laurie cutest photos and interesting facts
- Robert Marawa biography: wife, Instagram, age, parents, baby, salary, heart attack news