Dennis Haysbert is one of the most talented voice actors in Hollywood. His excellence and deep, resonant voice are witnessed in numerous films, stages, and TV productions. Dennis has appeared as the official spokesman for Allstate insurance since 2003.
Dennis is known for playing Pedro Cerrano's role, the baseball player in the film trilogy, Major League. He has also starred as a secret service agent, Tim Collin, in Absolute Power, Sergeant Major Jonas Blane in The Unit, and President David Palmer in 24 (the first five seasons).
Dennis Haysbert profile summary
- Full name: Dennis Dexter Haysbert
- Date of birth: 2nd June 1954
- Place of birth: San Mateo, California, USA
- Dennis Haysbert age: 66 years (as of 2021)
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: African-America
- Marital status: Divorced
- Spouse: Elena Simm (m. 1980 d.1984), Lynn Griffith (m.1989 d.2001)
- Profession: Film, stage, TV, voice actor
- Net worth: $20 million
Dennis Haysbert biography
The voice actor was born on 2nd June 1954 as Dennis Dexter Haysbert in San Mateo, California, USA. His parents are Gladys Minor (mother) and Charles Whitney Haysbert senior (father). His mother was a homemaker and house cleaner, while his father was a deputy sheriff and airline security guard.
Dennis is the eighth-born child among nine siblings. He has six brothers and two sisters. The family of eleven resides in California.
Haysbert schooled at San Mateo High School where he graduated in 1972. He was 6 feet, 5 inches tall when he completed his high school studies. Due to his body physique, Dennis was awarded an athletic scholarship. However, he opted to join the American Academy of Dramatic Arts to study acting.
Dennis is an all-round entertainer in the film industry. His talent has seen him traverse across a wide section of engagements in the film industry. His career has been in movies and series, commercials, video games, and theatre. Here is the breakdown:
Dennis Haysbert movies and TV shows
Dennis started his career in film and TV shows in 1978. His debut role was The White Shadow, where he appeared as a guest. He also appeared in several other shows, such as Laverne and Shirley, The Incredible Hulk, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, and Growing Pains.
He had his first featured role as the outlaw Cherokee Jack Jackson in Return to Lonesome Dove in 1993. In 1991, he starred in Now and Again alongside Eric Close, even though the show was cancelled after the first season.
The other Dennis Haysbert series include:
- 1978 - Lou Grant as Victor
- 1979 - The White Shadow as Basketball Player
- 1979 - Laverne & Shirley as Navy Shore Patrolman
- 1980 - Quincy M.E. as Fred
- 1980 - The Incredible Hulk as Guard
- 1987 - Our House as Unknown - Episode
- 1987 - The Facts of Life as Sgt. Evans
- 1988 - Growing Pains as Frank
- 1988 - Out of This World as Rev. Williams
- 1988 - Crime Story as Franklin Himes
- 1988 to 1989 - Just the Ten of Us as Coach Duane Johnson
- 1989 - Night Court as James Morgan
- 2001 - The Outer Limits as Joshua Finch
- 2001to 2006 - 24 as David Palmer
- 2001 to 2003 - Static Shock as Chief Barnsdale
- 2001 to 2004 - Justice League as Kilowog
- 2006 to 2009 - The Unit as Sergeant Major Jonas Blane
He has also starred in the following movies:
- 1979 - Scoring as Lt Harrigan
- 1985 - A Summer to Remember as Sheriff Pierce
- 1989 - Major League as Pedro Cerrano
- 1990 - Navy Seals as Billy Graham
- 2014 - Think Like a Man too as Uncle Eddie
- 2014 - Life of a King as Searcy
- 2016 - Ted 2 as Fertility Doctor
- 2017 - Naked as Reginald Swope
- 2017 - Kodachrome as Larry
- 2019 - Breakthrough as Dr Garrett
- 2019 - Secret Obsession as Detective Frank Page
- 2019 - Playing with Fire as Commander Richards
Dennis Haysbert commercial
The voice actor has done several commercials. Is Dennis Haysbert the Allstate guy? Yes, he is. This was his first commercial role, which has been taking place since 2003. Dennis appeared as the official spokesperson for the Allstate Insurance Company.
Dennis has done voice work for several video games, including:
- 2004 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow as Irving Lambert
- 2004 - Call of Duty: Finest Hour as the Narrator
- 2006 - 24: The Game as David Palmer
The talented voice actor has done theatre acting as well. In June 2010, he joined the cast of David Mamet's Race on Broadways as Henry Brown. The play ran until 21st August 2010. He starred alongside Richard Thomas, Eddie Izzard, and Afton Williamson.
Dennis Haysbert wife and kids
Is Dennis Haysbert married? No, he is not. He is currently divorced. However, he has been married twice even though the two marriages ended in divorce. First, he was married to Elena Simms. The duo dated for a while before tying the knot on 13th April 1980. Unfortunately, Dennis and Elena ended the union on 17th August 1984.
Secondly, the voice actor exchanged his wedding vows with Lynn Griffith in 1989. Lynn is an American actress popularly known for starring in Unbound and The Uninvited. The duo stayed together for close to 12 years before divorcing in 2001. Lynn is the mother of Dennis Haysbert's kids. They are Charles Haysbert and Katherine Haysbert.
How tall is Dennis Haysbert? Dennis is 6 feet 5 inches tall, and he weighs 102 kg. He has dark brown eyes and black hair.
Dennis Haysbert net worth
How much do Allstate guys make? They make an annual income of between $3 and $4 million. As a long-running spokesman for Allstate Insurance Company, Dennis is not paid per commercial. He is paid annual buy-outs, which have a likelihood of excluding him from other endorsements.
How much does Dennis Haysbert make annually? The actor is reported to make roughly $1 million per year. This includes royalty fees and sponsorships. So, how much is he worth? His net worth is approximately $20 million as of 2021.
Where does Dennis Haysbert live now?
The actor resides in his modest home located in Old Town Pasadena. Previously, he was living in his 3,000 square foot home in Malibu. However, he listed the house in August 2019 at an asking price of $10 million. After a year of being on and off the market, he eventually sold the home at $5.5 million.
Dennis Haysbert has given 100% to his Hollywood career, making him one of the best voice actors. His success in the entertainment industry makes him an inspiration to many young guys who look forward to being successful black actors in Hollywood.
Briefly.co.za on October 13, 2020, highlighted the fascinating life of Ginimbi. The famous Harare businessman has been making headlines for various reasons for the better part of his life. He is the CEO and founder of a gas company known as Pioneer Gases, which operates in South Africa, Botswana, and Zimbabwe.
His wealth, flashy lifestyle and flamboyant cars have seen him become interesting to many people. He is believed to have started embracing small business transactions at the young age of 17 years. Ginimbi then embraced the art of providing gas for domestic use, where he worked as a middle man.